Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I or Shouldn't I?
Thanks guys, his birthday is in June so I have time.But I have nothing to lose. My uncle said that if I send the card it would be like me begging to have his friendship back and it would give him satisfaction. But I feel if you want something bad enough sometimes you have to swallow your pride.

I know it's been year and it's kind of bad to bring old things up. But I have a feeling that, that incident was not the true reason why he broke you off - I don't think anyone would cut a 33 years of friendship just because 1 tiny thing. I guess it's just the trigger, and that guy who always talks besides him didn't help either.

I think it'd be good for you to initiate to reconnect with him. If he replies and you want to keep this friendship, I think you need to think about how was the interaction between you two before - besides picking you up constantly, are there anything that you think might be the caused that he want to cut you off ? Are there any more things that you have took it for granted, might be a nuisance for him but you didn't know ?

I recently feel more and more repulsed by a friend who always likes to trash- talk about me. I think it's his style because he was always like that since we knew. But then it was around 10 years ago and we are not teenagers anymore. Sometimes I just find his trash-talk annoying and it would be worse when I have a bad day. So I'm trying to let him know that he should stop, or just doing it less. I think he had taken if for granted after all the years.

So, maybe there are things that you are already used to do, that might become intrusive to him as time pass and you didn't get that he wanted you to change ?

Hope this help and best for you.

abcd1234 Wrote:Thanks guys, his birthday is in June so I have time.But I have nothing to lose. My uncle said that if I send the card it would be like me begging to have his friendship back and it would give him satisfaction. But I feel if you want something bad enough sometimes you have to swallow your pride.

Your uncle is an idiot. He's just worried about you getting your pride wounded.

I'm going to be brutally honest here - I would feel a bit offended by the complaining too. Why would I go out of my way for someone who can't express gratitude for giving him a lift?

Though, the instigator that you mention too, he sounds the type that would intefere with something like this to spark drama.

Sounds like you should, honestly, re-evaluate why things came to where they are now.

Thanks so much guys. As to your point,I can't think of anything else I could have done to piss him off.I was always nice to him. I think it's a combination of him getting annoyed at always having to chauffer me around especially since his troublemaking friend instigates things.

Even if you discover the reason he is left you, what are you going to do now?

Apologize I guess. See what happens. When I told my uncle that my cousin agreed with me that my friend should,ve discussed it with me instead of cutting me off abruptly and that it was petty of him,my uncle said that of course she was gonna agree with me since she was talking to me but he said that if she was talking to the other party she would agree with them. I don't neccesarily think that's true because common sense tells me that if he cut me off for a minor thing without talking to me about it most people would say that's childish.no backbone.

[MENTION=18339]abcd1234[/MENTION] People bottle their feelings up. Kind of like how you might ask someone if they're ok but you're pretty sure they're not, chances are they really aren't. I myself have the tendency to tell someone everything is fine up to the point when I can't deal with something any longer. I don't why I'm like that or why others are, seems to be a common trait to hide behind how you really feel about someone or something. So, in other words, it is plausible your friend had been getting frustrated with your for some time, might have discussed things with other friends at some point...then again this being all speculative. I mean I'm a guy reading a thread on a website, can imagine a lot of things and many different scenarios and jump to a lot of conclusions.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

InbetweenDreams Wrote:[MENTION=18339]abcd1234[/MENTION] People bottle their feelings up. Kind of like how you might ask someone if they're ok but you're pretty sure they're not, chances are they really aren't. I myself have the tendency to tell someone everything is fine up to the point when I can't deal with something any longer. I don't why I'm like that or why others are, seems to be a common trait to hide behind how you really feel about someone or something. So, in other words, it is plausible your friend had been getting frustrated with your for some time, might have discussed things with other friends at some point...then again this being all speculative. I mean I'm a guy reading a thread on a website, can imagine a lot of things and many different scenarios and jump to a lot of conclusions.

This is pretty much me. It takes a fair amount for me to boil over, and when I do, everyone needs to watch out, because I'm pretty ruthless. At the same time, I hate being angry at people, or even starting trouble. If I know I'm being very snarky and snippy, that's pretty much a sign for me to reel it back in and balance myself out again.