Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I or Shouldn't I?
send the card mate - your not teenagers anymore , you want your friend back then if a card doesn't work then eat humble pie and go see him....but if you were wrong in your fall out then admit it ..tell him straight - life is way too short

2 points.As for his lateness he's always late.My mom invited him for dinner once and he was 40 minutes late.

Also I did apologize in my letter admitting I was wrong.So it's up to him if he wants to respond to my card.

abcd1234 Wrote:2 points.As for his lateness he's always late.My mom invited him for dinner once and he was 40 minutes late.

The shouldn't you have planned for this if it is a habit for him to be late?

I know people like, you just plan around them. Crass comments won't help.

The fact that you have already sent a letter and not had a response seems to point to the Birthday card being fruitless at worst, and a feel good gesture on your behalf.

Knock on his door if you want to try and salvage the friendship.

abcd1234 Wrote:I had a fallout with a friend a year and a half ago,the one who cut me off because I complained when he was late picking me up. Anyway he hasn't spoken to me well over a year and I would really like to reconcile. My cousin suggested I send him a birthday card for his birthday in June. I'm tempted but by the same token I don't want to set myself up to be hurt again if he doesn't respond. But it might be worth a try as one last stitch effort.

I also had another thought , Do you think he might want to reconcile and might feel funny getting in touch because he doesn't know what kind of response he'd get? I guess it might be a possibility.What would you do?

You Damned millennials, complaining and breaking up because of tardi...

.. nesssssss.....

Oh pardon me, you're sixty. My bad. Strike it up to all the kids I see around here now days having such similarly inane break-ups.

Well 20 or 60 my advise still stays the same:

There are things you CAN change in your life; how you feel about this or that, what you say about this and that, who you allow to hurt you....

There are things you CAN'T change in your life; how others feel, what others do or say, blah.

So it boils down to this: WHO broke up the relationship?

Was it you? Then it is up to you to decide if you want to change YOU and make amends. Yeah he might accept your apology... IDK him I could be wrong.

Was it him? Then my dear you CAN'T change him nor what he feels.

Sure you can try, and yes there is a high probability that he will denounce you, scream at you "No, No Go away!!!" and yes in there is the probability that he could kill you...

If not kill you dead physically, then kill you emotionally...

Hurt is, as you most likely have learned in the 60 years you have been on this planet, the most common outcome of any situation.

BUT, as I am fond of saying: its not the things we do that most people regret in life, it is the things we don't do.

I regret Bradley... well because I didn't do him. :tongue:

Do you want to regret your not taking a second chance here?????

That was a really tiny matter to complain about. If you want to arrive at places on your schedule get your own car, or call a taxi. You were being ridiculous, you realize that?
''Do I look civilized to you?''

OK, maybe you think I was being ridiculous but I did apologize,that's all I can do. But I still think it's crazy to break up a 33 year friendship over something this minor. I've seen people do horrible things and their friends still tolerate them. It seems that the worse you are towards people the more they respect you. I do a minor thing and I'm the big villain.Are people nuts!!

abcd1234 Wrote:OK, maybe you think I was being ridiculous but I did apologize,that's all I can do. But I still think it's crazy to break up a 33 year friendship over something this minor. I've seen people do horrible things and their friends still tolerate them. It seems that the worse you are towards people the more they respect you. I do a minor thing and I'm the big villain.Are people nuts!!

and look at how much time you have spend stewing on it today when you could have been drinking beer and watching all the fucks you could possibly give fly right by.

And that is only 1 day you have spent working on that ulcer.

I know you're right, I can't get sick over this. It's just that I'm a very nostalgic person and remember 33 years of memories and I miss it and would like to have some of it back if possible. It's one thing if someone died and you have to learn to live without them because you have no control of the situation,but if you know they're still alive you would like to rekindle the times you once had. This is only a platonic friend but it means a lot to me.

abcd, send him a heartfelt card telling him that you miss him, maybe recalling a few fun times you shared. Tell him you love him. How he responds is out of your control, but at least you will be glad you made the effort, right? Go do it now.

I don't see any harm in you sending him a birthday card.
An eye for an eye