Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I talk to this guy again?
I met this guy online and we started talking. We texted each other hundreds of messages and we both talked about feeling a connection. I met him at a coffee shop for our first date. He was in the army and just got off 24-hour duty and was extremely tired. He didn't seem like the guy who opened up to me through text, but I just blamed it on his lack of sleep. We went back to his apartment and we cuddled and he actually FELL ASLEEP in my arms. I thought it was sweet and I just let him sleep while I stared at his ceiling. He slept for about 45 minutes.After he woke up he drove me to my car that I left at the coffee shop. He held my hand the whole drive. I told him that I would love to get to know him better and kissed him bye. He had to go on a trip the following week and we didn't talk much. He even messaged me to apologize for lack of communication. We talked a little bit more the following week and I asked him for a second date. No response. I just thought he was still busy because he is in the army and he was having friends from out of town stay with him. More time went by and I sent a few more messages asking if he was okay,but he never responded. I just took it as a loss. But recently, I saw his profile back up on the dating site I met him on and I thought about trying to talk to him again. Not really to date, but to maybe form a friendship since I did think he was pretty cool. What do you guys think, should I try to talk to him?

No.

Ball is in his court.

Search for someone who values your time. He doesn't.

Good luck.

I have to say, the fact that he ignored your messages - to me at least - is a big no-no.
It takes less than a minute to write a short text and send it, and if he thinks that's too much time to give you, then you should reply in kind.

If he tries to get back in touch at some point with an explanation/apology? Bonus. If he doesn't? His loss.

Yeah, you guys are right.
It's so annoying. When we were messaging he was talking about how much he liked me and how he felt I was different and not superficial. We even talked about flaky men. I remember he said he usually goes on a date and men never talk to him again. I told him I wasn't gonna be like that and I meant it. We talked about how that flaky men bothered both of us. It's funny that that's what he turned out to be. Nothing but another flaky gay man. Haha
I'll let him go.

Gurl move on and accomplish bigger and better things! Your prince charming is probably waiting in some starbucks ordering a macchiato!

Yeah he ignored your messages treat your self better than that,

LateBloomer Wrote:No.

Ball is in his court.

Search for someone who values your time. He doesn't.

Good luck.

He is totally right! I think you shouldn't Smile. If he wants you, he will search you. Don't try to hard on him, he will lose not you Wink

I know all about 'flaky' men! I am doing the whole online dating thing atm and I must say it's not doing me any justice. I message loads of guys, I meet one or two of them and they never bother to respond, say hello, or make any effort to meet you again.

It's disappointing really. One of the one occasion I do meet someone who seems like an amazing guy, does make the effort to talk to me properly, seems smart, charming, and very likable, he ends up dumping me 6 weeks into the relationship leaving me heartbroken. I say its not always best to meet potential dates online.

Mind you its sometimes no better meeting them on the scene when they may be drunk, playing up to their friends, or on drugs. I am not saying its always like this on the scene but sometimes it is. Plus I find it hard to go to LGBT bars and clubs if I am honest.