Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I tell him how I feel?
Hey guys! So I'm in need of a little advise. A week ago I met a guy through a dating app. We sent texts back and forth for a while, then decided to meet in person. We met up at an ihop after I got off work, we talked for a few hours. I could feel myself liking him more and more as time went on. We went our own ways after a very late dinner. Gave each other a hug and a light kiss before we left. Now to the part I'm having issues with he lives about 250 miles away from me, he was in town visiting family. When he left to go back home we agreed to stay in touch with each other. So we have been texting back and forth since he left. I really feel I had a great connection with him that I have not had with anyone before. He seemed to be having a good time too. But I really really want to see him again and soon! So I would like to know if y'all think I should tell him how strongly I feel a connection with him or not. How or if should I bring up the subject of visiting each other?

DaltoninAR Wrote:Hey guys! So I'm in need of a little advise. A week ago I met a guy through a dating app. We sent texts back and forth for a while, then decided to meet in person. We met up at an ihop after I got off work, we talked for a few hours. I could feel myself liking him more and more as time went on. We went our own ways after a very late dinner. Gave each other a hug and a light kiss before we left. Now to the part I'm having issues with he lives about 250 miles away from me, he was in town visiting family. When he left to go back home we agreed to stay in touch with each other. So we have been texting back and forth since he left. I really feel I had a great connection with him that I have not had with anyone before. He seemed to be having a good time too. But I really really want to see him again and soon! So I would like to know if y'all think I should tell him how strongly I feel a connection with him or not. How or if should I bring up the subject of visiting each other?

Hey DaltoninAR: In my opinion...I think you should slow down because you just had one date with him and although you two have been texting back and forth...you still do not know him enough I believe to have develop feelings for him. I would say that from what you described in your post that its a strong possibility in my opinion that you have a little crush on this guy. However, if you want to see him again ....then you should ask if that's a possibility and then if that date is going well to your expectations ...I would say that I would mention the fact of you being attracted to him and see what he has to say in that regard...but do it in person...not by text. Good luck!!!

Ask him to meet up again.

This time both of you should take off your clothes.

One date and text messages does little to communicate what a real person is.

Then there is the whole 'I lust you' over 'I love you/I like you' problem, since the cruel irony is that lust can often be confused with feelings of love.

What you need is more dates together and to spend more time doing things together, face to face with each other.

250 miles isn't that far - perhaps you two can arrange certain weekends were one of you travels to stay at the other's place and you all go out and do stuff - whatever social stuff you all do.

If sex is an issue, then there is the couch - in fact the first few visits should most likely be couch based - with a clear understanding that this all about getting to know each other better and not a one night stand.