Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I tell the truth?
Academic Wrote:So, you're doing all this work but you're happy for degrees to be awarded for doing little work and not knowing your subject? You'll concede it's a terrible thing but make an exception because it's you that's involved?

You are behaving unethically, you are cheating in exams, you are being dishonest. It's a good job you're so special because if you weren't I'd have to say you're a moral vacuum, unworthy to recieve a degree because you're happy to see the currency devalued to get one. No amount of special pleading will excuse that.

Your best hope is that what you're involved in doesn't leak out. If it does, you'll be unemployable and deservedly so. This lecturer has in all likelyhood done this before and will do it again, it will come out eventually.

Don't wait for a spine donor, do the right thing now.
Wow. Such a pillar of "moral values"...Rolleyes
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

The other students probably would have gotten the answers too if they came to tutoring, actually a lot of teachers do this. some do it to have a high passing rate and some do because they know the test is ridiculously hard. stuff like this will happen in life, its how some people get a head, don't beat yourself up over it.

I don't think you should become too complacent about studying. I would study normal and prepare regular for the test. You don't know what kind of game this guy might be playing.

Actually, the guy sounds like he knows he's an awful teacher. If you have to give students the answers to pass your test, then you haven't done something right in the classroom.

Personally, I would go talk to the teacher and tell him what kind of position he put you in and tell him he should rework his test because it's not fair to your classmates and you feel like you would be cheating. Sure, it might get confrontational but at least I would know I tried to make it fair for the others in the class. IDK, just thinking out loud. :redface:

And hey, if you aren't going to study, return those library books, other students might need them!

I'm kind of confused at this being worth 100% of your grade. Most of my finals are 25 - 30% of my final grade in a course.

We have modules this is a genetics module I do 6 modules this is one of them usually you have courseworks and maybe an exam for a module, instead this one is a 100% exam. I need the library books lol, I have to study the topics lol, I was up till 1am studying the exam isn't till January 18th, yes I know overkill lol

Genersis Wrote:Wow. Such a pillar of "moral values"...Rolleyes

Yes, strongly encouaraging someone not to cheat in exams when they ask for advice is what I consider a moral position to adopt. In one of your earlier posts you have this to say

Genersis Wrote:I'm sorry for advocating cheating, but i don't feel much good will come from telling on the lecturer bar stopping people who shouldn't pass the test, passing.
The negatives outweigh the positives in my opinion.

You'll forgive me for not taking moral advice from someone who advocates cheating and thinks that saying sorry somehow exonerates him.

To the OP, if you're still interested, is there not a student welfare service run by the student union? You could perhaps seek advice there, having first demanded confidentiality, without involving the administration of your particular institution.

I'm sorry academic but I think I have decided to keep quiet about it, it's my autonomous choice to do so. The student support at my university is particularly poor and if anything I'd probably get into trouble or face an academic misconduct charge along with the 4 others who saw the paper and it is something I am not willing to face. To be honest I still have to revise the subject the only advantage is that I know what to revise and how to write it. You might think me a coward or a cheat but this was an unfair situation I was put in. And since the majority of posts have told me not to worry and just go with it, it's not worth the stress in such a stressful time.

Just out of interest are you some government lacky who hunts down wrong doers in the field of education ? Wink am I going to find myself on the 10 o'clock news pleading my case? Lol

Also are you going to hunt me down :p

tell the staff

omg you all are so young naive and stupid,be happy you didn't have to experience the real world out there.
they will eat you alive
lol omfg
he gave u answers and u are guaranteed to have an A
what is your problem
omfg you are all kids
roflmao