Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should gay men and lesbians be bracketed together?
...or they'll shorten it up with acronyms for the acronyms, lol!

meninlove Wrote:ROFL!
We need labels when it comes to describing who we are. Saying 'I'm a vegan' is a helluva lot easier than a longer explanation describing it. I think you'll find after full equality happens for all those groups that have banded together, (as alone each of them is much weaker), that the necessity of an umbrella group will no longer be necessary and likely dissipate.
In that long alphabet of identities, those are legitimate words to describe those identities, but I think the problem is we also have some more general words that would encompass many of us at one time and for the purpose of discussions we sometimes just have to use those terms, even if we want to have our own specific identity. We sometimes just do not have the space on a banner to get too specific. Within those following a vegan diet, there are many people following their own path on those diets and doing very different things from other vegans. Could you imagine holding a vegan event and having to have a twenty word title of the event to make sure no specific kind of vegan diet was left out?

I've figured this out.

What we need is a public relations strategy to rebrand the whole thing and come up with a catchy all inclusive, unforgettable marketing name brand.

So I asked myself, "Who are we?"
Left brain answered, "We are us."
Right brain snarked, "oh please that's silly and sounds so world peace and huggy. Give it some street appeal and make it catchy! Who are we? We's Us!"
Left brain gasped, "Amazing! Finally the English language will have a word that rhymes with the Jewish zombie who's trying to send us all to hell! Brilliant! It even has a lovey feel to it!"

So, who are we?

WE'sUS!
It wouldn't take but one national commercial to introduce the rebranding with all sorts of people answering the question... "WE'sUS" and all this NHKTSBJINVDSYJHMPPTDSEJKMLP shit would be 86ed.
Nose-pick

Maybe we can be The Special People's Club.

[Image: welcome_to_the_dollhouse.gif]

For the question at hand? I find something wrong with considering different groups of human beings as "separate but equal." Take this, for instance. The fraction of the disability rights movement considered the autism rights movement bases itself off of the gay rights movement. Just because people with autism are different doesn't mean that we aren't equal to everyone else. And just because women who "like" women and men who "like" men don't "like" each other doesn't mean they can't like each other.

Identities describe how unique you are, but they don't give you a free pass to discriminate against anyone or kill them with boredom trying to accentuate the reasons for your existence. I mean, I'm: gay, Filipino, Asian, autistic, and a vegetarian, peanut-free, mostly organic food eater, so the list goes on... All you need to know is that I'm "Chris", or I guess "CftxP" on here. Fuck yourself with a dildo if you disagree with my lifestyle. Wink

But I guess my label for everyone from now on should counter-intuitively be "FYLWATS" (Fuck your labels we're all the same). While for assholes who insist, it's simply "FU".

Then again, two acceptable labels to categorize everyone are "human" and maybe "A-Z" since anyone who can read this (and their kids) is both human and has a name. Then again, if that ain't street enough, you can call me badass any time and I'm fine with it.

.... and I think they already have the SPCA. Grommit

"Lumped together"?

When (as a community) we are under attack, it is better for us to be united, rather than divided.

On another forum I posted about the LGBTQI community and said we should just call ourselves "The Alphabet Crew".
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!