Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My turn on the Psychologist Couch
Blue Wrote:One thing a very dear friend told me, oh about 20 years ago that stuck with me and, as simple as it is, it's the truth and, it works if you take it to heart.

No matter what decision you make, whether it is as simple as sitting down or standing up, or as complex and life altering as whom you marry, and even if you learn th

Did we miss something here? <<said with baited breath>>. I'm enjoying this thread and hope you'll finish this post Blue!Wavey
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

Fixed, don't know why half of my post self deleted over night.

Blue Wrote:Fixed, don't know why half of my post self deleted over night.

I strongly suspected and hoped you were going to say something to that effect. I spend a GREAT deal of time helping people find their way to the importance of life's process instead of a habitual obsession with its content. For me it's like the bread or milk business...pure job security! Xyxthumbs
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

One should take concience of the waste of time and energy consumed fighting back our own nature and not accepting what we really are. It is a simply a waste of time that we can use for more productive and fullfilling activities.

nikgee Wrote:Let me try this again. It may seem a bit laughable at the struggle I have put myself through to get to where I am today. I feel I have made huge steps forward. Coming to the point of hooking up with this site and starting to talk issues is huge for me. I'm not totally sure what I want to hear.Maybe some other voices bouncing around in my brain besides just mine.. Some second opinions. okay a little more info...59yrs old, closeted,and minimal experience several years back. If anyone is up for the challenge I'd like to hear from you. I am all ears

Your case is not laughable, Nikgee, and I wonder if people actually read your post considering it / identifying it as an introduction post.... The 54 who read it might even be people who are not from this site but just visitors. In any case, I apologise for not seeing your thread earlier.

I believe we have interacted on other posts since this one appeared, so I hope you are now feeling part of the gang.

I'm glad you've made the first step you needed to make to come to terms with something which is not easy, especially as we grow older and more set in our old ways.
You are Welcome here, as I hope you've found out since.

Admitting and accepting that you are gay internally is a huge step, so is even going online and saying it.

One thing you do have in your favor, as far as moving toward coming out goes, you are single and that eliminates the problems that would come were you married to a woman.

I'm not that much younger than you, so I understand the attitude toward gays that the earlier part of you life, especially your formative years, set in your mind. I also know you see how that has changed and where it has not changed. Now you have to decide how you want to handle the unavoidable negative comments and attitudes you will encounter IF you decided to come out.

You also know that if you don't, it's going to make dating a lot harder, and reduce your chances of finding a partner you would be truly happy with but, on the other hand, you see men like me that are out and single, have been though a few broken relationships and wonder if a partner is really that important to you. I can't answer that, only you know what you want your future to be.

All any of us here can do is be here and, support you and, offer advice as you head for that future.

This excellent film shows that it is possible to have a gay life after having lived most of one's life doing something else.
[Image: MV5BMjAyNDcxNTk3NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjk4...@._V1_.jpg]

princealbertofb Wrote:Your case is not laughable, Nikgee, and I wonder if people actually read your post considering it / identifying it as an introduction post.... The 54 who read it might even be people who are not from this site but just visitors. In any case, I apologise for not seeing your thread earlier.

I believe we have interacted on other posts since this one appeared, so I hope you are now feeling part of the gang.

I'm glad you've made the first step you needed to make to come to terms with something which is not easy, especially as we grow older and more set in our old ways.
You are Welcome here, as I hope you've found out since.

I thank you for your reply. And although I am thankful for all the comments, I must confess that you are the only one that got the whole picture of my original post.Thanks again.

nikgee Wrote:I thank you for your reply. And although I am thankful for all the comments, I must confess that you are the only one that got the whole picture of my original post.Thanks again.

Thank you, NikGee... Maybe it's an "age" thing? Wink

Bighug