Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should i stay or should i go?
So... I have a friend that have known for about 5 month. He broke up with his bf about 2 months ago but got back together recently(his bf is abroad). He knows i like him but he is not sure if he likes me more than a friend. We spend time together a lot. like a lot. He has a kinda crush even though he has a bf. We usually talk every day even if we don't have much things to say. I asked him once "why do you hang out with me? And would you be sad if i stopped talking to you?" He told me coz he likes spending time with me and thinks we have much in common and he would be fking sad if i did. I feel like I don't know about him very well. Sometimes he acts cold. I am not even sure if i really like him in that way or it is just me wanting something i can't have. We've been hanging out like for 5 weekends non stop. I kinda think i wouldn't be that sad even if i cut ties with him but i would feel bad for sure. And he's hurt my feelings and made me feel bad but wants to be friends and keep me around.
I don't wanna be an option coz he can't hang out with his crush as much. I've got the feelings he would cancel on me if his crush asked him to hang out with him even if we've made plans. What are you guys thoughts?

Sounds like you can't deal with him getting back with his bf, so you can either still be his friend and accept that he's got a bf or stop talking to him. Either way, this stuff happens, I think it boils down to being able to accept his choices and see him as a friend. It seems like you want to see him as more than a friend. I think that in itself is ok, but you have to realize you cannot change how he feels. So can you deal with having feelings for him and him dating another guy? I think you should play it cool for a while, allow more time.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Is he a good friend? If you had no romantic or sexual feelings for him would you still want to be his friend?

1) What do YOU want? Make up your mind about that. Do you want him as a partner or a just friend.

2) If it's the first, you can't do much. He's with someone else, so he is inherently off limits.

3) You can either remain friends with him, enjoying what you have or cut ties if you can't deal with being just that.

I don't know. I can't really tell if he really likes you or not, but for the moment that is irrelevant, as he's taken. If he wants to pursue something with you in a romantic way he shouldn't be with someone else.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

second best is not good enough, don't give up on your pursuit of happiness. Your friend is keeping you around just incase things don't work between him and his BF.

Can still be friends, but don't waste your time hoping for more with him.