Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shower gel vs bar soap
partis Wrote:That sounds so good, everywhere i live is always hard water area, i didnt know you could get water softener

They're not cheap but if you're curious, take a look at this:

http://water.culligan.com/kent-oh/

The other advantage is that you won't be bothered by lime scale so your water heater/washing machine/dish washer is less likely to break down, your shower head won't clog up and you will save on soap/detergent.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Shower gel, for sure. Usually either Old Spice, or Dove for Men. Bar soap sucks.

Shower gel every time. It's just so much easier to work. Smile

swalter Wrote:Bar soap sucks.

I use shower gel too... Usually Dove or Nivea. It's just so much easier to use and as others stated the bar soaps leave this clingy rubbery film.

I usually use Old Spice or Dove shower gel. I hate bar soap.

Old (1970's) army trick thats stuck, no messy soap, I use common shampoo... Mr. pecker likes smelling like apples anyway...:biggrin:

It's cheaper than shower gell, get's the job done and no messy soap bar.

BTW, after changing a con-rod / cylinder-head gasket / front disc brake pads on your car, ain't nothing like shampoo to get you soft delicate handies clean

I used dollar store shampoo for a while. I had a friend some time ago, that used shampoo as liquid soap in the shower...well, thats all shampoo really is anyway. This was a few years before the introduction of liquid soap, so I thought it was a good idea and started using shampoo as liquid shower soap.

Then I guess companies caught on to the fact that people used shampoo like this, so they decided to just produce soap in liquid form. Which is nice.

Then a few years after the event of liquid soap coming out (I still used shampoo), stores like Bath and Body Works started popping up.

And now I buy my liquid shower soap from them.

In actuality, soap is soap....regardless of its form -- bar, stick, liquid, gel, shampoo, or foam. Many of the same ingredients go into all of these products. The only differences are additives -- vitamins, conditioners, scents, colors, and consistency. Other than that, all soap is basically the same.

But I got addicted to certain BBW scents, so thats where I buy my soaps and lotions now.

I guess I'm the only one who uses bar soap. I use Dove.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

CellarDweller Wrote:I guess I'm the only one who uses bar soap. I use Dove.

Yeah, we know you're a weirdo.

XyxwaveMaleloviesEvilgrin1 Rofl

CellarDweller Wrote:I guess I'm the only one who uses bar soap. I use Dove.

I've only ever heard women using that weird stuff shower gel thingys..

oh well, I'm a freak, I also use soap bars..hehe also Dove.

I keep my own separate soaps tho, cause hairs on the bar are bound to happen