Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shower or Bath, Morning or Evening?
Shower, it's very fast etc.
It depends on what I'm going to do. In this hot period I try to take only one shower a day, in general before going to bed, cause I hate the idea of being dirty in the bad, and also sleeping becomes easier when I'm fresh, and I'm still fresh for the entire morning.
Sometimes I do shower also in the morning or during the lunch-break if I can. If i go out for a dinner or blahblah I do shower before it.
I love to do a cool very very fast shower to refresh myself.

And the deodorant. ALWAYS. Cause in summer 10 minutes after the shower... You need another one, if you don't use a deodorant. XD

I don't like to sit in my own dirt, so shower in the morning and evening.

I keep thinking of a couple of things since I posted here.

One is that I have dry skin. My doctor advises me to go easy on the hot baths and showers to avoid taking the oils from my skin. If I have a day where I am not going out and not doing anything strenuous, I'll skip the bath or maybe just wash at the sink.

Also, regarding cooling down. when we lived in a third floor walkup under a flat roof, I had a roommate that used to keep a tub full of cool water. He would take a couple of tokes, relax and then go sit in the cool tub for a while before he repeated the cycle. Clawfoot tubs are great for that.
I bid NO Trump!

Since this is a shower/bath thread, can I share a tip?

You can oil your skin either before or after a shower/bath to combat dryness. I also get dryness all over my body and sometimes I use an in-shower oil after I get all clean, but another nice thing to do is oil up your body before you shower. Give yourself a nice relaxing massage. It really helps and my skin stays soft. I have long hair so I oil it, too.

I'm plagued by dry skin following showers and get only limited relief from body oils, moisturizers, and moisturizing body washes. What I finally found to alleviate much of the problem was a filtered shower head that removes the chlorine from water.

I get Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion at Costco in big bottles. It is not too expensive and also does not dry with a greasy feel. Combined with baths that are not to hot, it helps. I sometimes bathe in just lukewarm water with no soap at all. That helps, too.
I bid NO Trump!

I shower very quickly in the morning and a one a little longer before bed. I spend maybe a total of 10 minutes per day in the shower.