Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sick of British guys!
britishstudent Wrote:I am also 'strange' I suppose in that I do not seek out no strings sex. I came to a realization about a year ago that what I truly want is a companion. But I doubt I'll find that in England.

Thats not true, there are lots of brits out there looking for a long term monogamous relationship who are not into NSA sex. Unfortunately it can take time to find the right man.

LOL... the grass is always greener on the other side of the pond I suppose.

Seriously, a lot and I mean a whole hella lot of American gays are bitchy, slutty whatever.

Especially those that live in gay ghettos in cities. It is something about the culture, being surrounded by a lot of Gay people thus not having to hold back and hide your 'gayness'. In more rural and conservative areas the 'jaded/bitchy queen' act is seen far less.

Queendoms are not just a British trait.:biggrin:

What you need to do is get away from the big city and go to small towns and find more rural thus usually more conservative minded gays. We exist, we are everywhere - we are rarely known or covered by the media because we are just to boring.

Your last post to this thread:
Quote:You don't understand - I didn't say I am put off by British guys only because of those reasons - I am put off by British guys for no reason at all.

Well you listed your reasons to start... Being put off for no reason at all is a lie - there are reasons - you just need to figure them out and try to list them.

Maybe its the odd accent? Or the fact that they constantly drive on the wrong side of the road? Perhaps its that irritating fascination with tea? Perhaps its all due to there being a REAL Queen in the land?

Seriously, there is as much diversity in England, Scotland, Wales as there is in the USA - perhaps a bit more. You just need to find it.

And you are right, there is no way an over the pond relationship will work.

If you really hate the English and are that enamored by Americans then figure out a way to move to America and become a legal Citizen. Well you can pull of illegal status if you are white and not worry about being hated for being an illegal - we only hate brown skinned people here in the Good ole USA.

Ah, just show up for gay pride in San Francisco, then see if you feel the same, Jim
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

Here's to all us nice Brits Big Grin

bottoms up for all the nice poms Smile

The twinks and queens in my neighborhood certainly haven't gotten the memo that gay Americans aren't over-the-top. For that matter neither have the hipsters, so even the straight men here act super gay!

Your post got me thinking, dangerous I know, but here's what I came up with.
I think that we and when I say we I mean men who like men, be they gay, bi or just looking, find those who are like us to be not very interesting, and those who are different from us to be very interesting. Using my limited mental capactiy I came up with a good reason, most of us grow up in evironments where we are either very much alone with our sexuality, or do not understand what we really want until later in life. Either way, most of the people that are similar to us we have seen and heard expressing their negative feelings about people like us. It makes for a natural dislike. To show you I am not just making this up I'll give you a real world example. There is a man I work with that I have known now for going on 6 years. He's very good looking, and if I met him in a Gay bar I'd be immediately attracted to him. However, he's very vehemently anti gay. Even though I respect him as a professional and for many aspects of his personal life, there is always this wall between us, because I know he wouldn't accept me if he knew the whole truth about me. Conversely, when I meet someone away from work for the first time I'm usally brutally honest, because I have no fear of the consequences, and I am much more interested in those people.

Being an American (FUCK YEAH), I can say that I know a lot of American gays piss me off for the same reason a lot of English gays piss you off. But I love English men because that accent you guys have is intoxicating to me. But, when I think about it, I realize that it's that difference that creates that attraction.

Maybe I'm crazy, I'm definitely a little tipsy, but IN VINO VERITAS
Richard

All of that sounds like American men to me :/ Both have their good and bad

No comment.

Bowyn is right the grass is greener on the other side.

But first of, Who are Poms?

I've met a lot of really nice British and Welch guys. I love their accents. I find that they blend in a lot more with the general public than do Americans. I can usually tell if an American guy is gay, they can be bitchy- queen like, etc. But the Brits seem to blend in. I love British gus, Aussies too.
I'd categorize the British and Welch in one group, cute in a refined way, not so loud. Very nice, gentlemanly. This is not from TV. Being in New York you meet lots of foreigners, plus I've been all over the U.K.
It's categorize Aussies and Irish guys differently. Note I love the Irish, men and women, there's just something about them. Aussies and the Irish are more ruggedly handsome, a lot of fun to go out drinking with. More carefree, free spirit types.
I have been to Ireland but not Australia (yet)