Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Signs that someone likes you
Hey everyone. I'm new here, and thought it would be a cool place to join. I'm sure you've read posts like this before, so I apologize if it annoying, repetitive, etc. Just needing some advice and to see if others have dealt with what I'm feeling.

So, here's my story.

I'm gay, but no one but one of my friends knows. In fact, I told her about a couple of weeks ago.

I shared these feelings with her because I have a huge crush on a friend. We both dig the same stuff, and we are pretty close. He claims he is straight, but I know he constantly hangs around other gay people. He even claims that he has a hard time figuring out if people are gay (when it is pretty obvious, in my opinion). He had a long term girlfriend, and randomly broke up with her. It seemed like he and I were also talking and hanging out, and he never once spoke of her.

Then, 2-3 weeks later, he was telling me about another girl. He was like "You should meet her". So, I met her. This girl is a very flirtacious girl, and she's very close to a lot of guys. In fact, if I was dating her, I'd be a little upset with how she acts around other guys because she's very clingy, so to speak. We would eventually talk about stuff and laugh all the time, and his potential "gf" hinted that we were so close, that we were like a gay couple. He didn't deny it, but he played it off as if he was upset she said that. Later on, he pretended like nothing happened.

Anyways. He always looks me into the eyes and focuses on me every time we talk. If everyone leaves a room, he'll stay in the room until I leave. We constantly chat online everyday. Sometimes, we'll be online for hours talking to each other. I just feel like the way he stares at me, waits for me, and seems to always want to hang out with me, that there could be something there. He has no idea I am gay. So, I guess I'm here asking...what should i do?

I am actually going to be spending time with him for a good bit next month on a trip. I don't want to ruin a friendship, but I do want him to know how I feel. What do you guys do in situations like this? Let it roll and move on, or hint around the bush? Any advice would be great. I love this guy. I really do. I've never felt this close with someone like this in my life.

if he says he's straight , assume that he's straight unless he tells you otherwise ~

the fact that he constantly hangs around with gay people means nothing . i hang out with white straight guys a lot , but i'm not white or straight or a guy ~

Take him at his word , he claims to be straight then he is until he says otherwise.
Keep being his friend , good friends are hard to come by.