Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Singer/songwriters
...and I have to include who the greatest singer/songriter in my lifetime is (in my opinion of course)...this man has charted for five decades...he is blind but can "see" better than most people with sightWink...he has produced some of the best music on the planet...ever...pure genius...

...and the lovely and talented Jackie DeShannon (one of the first LPs I ever bought)

...and the fabulous David Bowie ...my two favorites.....

Jon Bon Jovi...Dead or Alive..this guy is so underrated IMO...he is a great singer/songwriter and a great humanitarian as well...(KINDA CUTE TOO:biggrinSmile

...and sexy Bruce Springsteen and two of his sexy songs...

Donovan - Catch the wind

Another one I have not heard in ages.

eastofeden Wrote:I also loved Laura Nyro who wrote tons of stuff for people like Blood Sweat and Tears and Fifth Dimension but I really liked when she sang her own stuff...this is Poverty Train...Laura was a lesbian who died of cancer ...RIP...
I'm enjoying this ... I haven't thought about Laura Nyro for years. Thanks, E!

Rychard the Lionheart Wrote:Donovan - Catch the wind
Another one I have not heard in ages.
Fabulous. I love Donovan's music, but he often seemed to have lost the plot a little. I lived in Hatfield for several years and so did he. A bus conductor once asked me if I were his brother :redface:

May I add Sunshine Superman? I know how he feels when he sings, "Superman and Green Lantern ain't got nothing on me!"

Tom Paxton - Last thing on my mind

May we make room for twenty-five seconds of the inimitable Ivor Cutler?
I'm Happy

That wasn't enough, so ...

Good Morning. How Are You? Shut Up!

Kris Kristofferson - Me and Bobby Mcgee

This was co-written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster, and originally performed by Roger Miller.