Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Single and though have dated...haven't long....
I'm currently single and looking into dating someone. The purpose of this post is to get an idea from those of you whom have or had a long term relationship. I've never had a long term relationship and I'm 37. I'm definitely scared of being alone the rest of my life. I do love myself, like no one's business. I don't have a problem meeting men. It's about quality than quantity to me. I just can't keep one. :frown:
I definitely need some advice from someone ith experience.

LatinCoffee Wrote:... I've never had a long term relationship ... just can't keep one. ...
BOTH men have to want the relationship, not just you
respect
trust
communication

which one is the first to fail

pellaz Wrote:BOTH men have to want the relationship, not just you
respect
trust
communication

which one is the first to fail

I'm def all about those things. Thanks Pellaz Wink

LatinCoffee Wrote:... I definitely need some advice ....
sorry i cant read
so find someone who has been in one

LatinCoffee Wrote:I'm 37.
Really? You look in your 20's. :biggrin:

May I ask...you say you have no problem meeting men but can't keep one.....why do you think you can't keep one? How do you define quality?

WheresTheLove Wrote:Really? You look in your 20's. :biggrin:

Thx WheresTheLove :biggrin: I get that alot.

East Wrote:May I ask...you say you have no problem meeting men but can't keep one.....why do you think you can't keep one? How do you define quality?

I can't seem to find someone who knows exactly just one person or wanting a monogamous relationship. :confused:

stick together, don't break up.
that's the only secret.

A lot of gay men (though by no means all) are scared of the "C" word - commitment.

If you approach every date with the c word in mind then the chance is your going to fail before it's even had a chance to begin (perhaps as your finding out...)

You don't just meet someone and fall into a commitment. You meet, discover each other, have fun (and not just sex!) and, over a period of time fall in love. Once that happens (and you will recognise the signs believe me!) you can start to talk about commitmentSmile

I'm afraid if you get too hung up on looking for commitment from the word go, one of two things will happen: you will smother the other person and they will leave. Or you will get badly hurt. By badly hurt I mean someone will come along, recognise your need (craving) for commitment and use that to their advantage, leaving you hurt in so many different ways. I know, I've been there.

Your still young (and look even younger!) go out, meet different people, have fun. Before you know it, that c word will be knocking at your door and likely from a very unexpected placeSmile

Wish I was 37 again......