Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sinkholes, fascinating and scary
Some interesting photography -- Not sure about the theory, but the graph shown in video, beginning in 2010, is rather interesting.

Fascinating theory that is in the realm of possible.

"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Video does not show here, [MENTION=18457]LONDONER[/MENTION].

Best sinkhole story I know is when I was living in Central Florida and a large one opened up under a car lot full of very nice cars. The fellow who owned the lot was a philanderer for sure. His wife knew it. When the police called the man's house to try and locate him to tell him what was going on, the wife simply said that he must be out with a friend and she had no way to contact him. Too bad.
I bid NO Trump!

Sorry about that [MENTION=20933]LJay[/MENTION], I'll post it again here but I think that it's a problem with YouTube:

Well, this time it seems to be working

Still no vid showing here Londoner

The second link worked for me. It's interesting, makes me want to read more on that theory. And those are really frightening images/videos. There's something troubling about realizing the Earth below us is not as solid as we like to think.

Still doesn't show here, but I can well imagine...

If you look at a certain scale map of Central Florida you will see dozens and dozens and dozens of lakes, some small, some larger. Many of them formed from sinkholes and some are connected to underground rivers. Florida is essentially a limestone peninsula and groundwater and underground streems can rode the stone so that....WHEE!!! Your house is in a big hole.
I bid NO Trump!

@Matty7 and [MENTION=20933]LJay[/MENTION], it's definitely a YouTube problem, the second link I gave is definitely working. I suggest you cut and paste the URL in to your search engine and see if it works then:

LONDONER Wrote:@Matty7 and [MENTION=20933]LJay[/MENTION], it's definitely a YouTube problem, the second link I gave is definitely working. I suggest you cut and paste the URL in to your search engine and see if it works then:

Second link works, you just need to click on "youtube video" in the blue part of the box, its just not embedding properly for some reason.

After watching this video yesterday I ended up on a massive binge of videos based on natural disasters. I definitely feel lucky to have been living somewhere where this hasn't affected me, its one of those things that makes me look at how easy my own life is compared to those affected by such things like this.