Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sister-In-Law from HELL
Yes, this is a vent.

We took vacation for 3 weeks and have been visiting family. We spent half the time with my family, and are now staying with my husband's parents.

In the past, my mother-in-law and I had some issues, but we now get along beautifully and the visit has been really nice...except for one thing--my sister-in-law.

She has told me to "Shut up and stop talking" at LEAST once a day everyday we have been here (and some days she has said it to me 3-5 times).

The first time it happened, I was so taken back by the unexpected rudeness, that I didn't say anything, but the second day we were here she did it again, and I very politely told her that she doesn't have the right to tell me when I can speak or not...yet it persists.

This morning, my husband and I were drinking coffee and reading the news when she arrived. I was reading aloud an article about a local murder to my husband when she interrupted me to say that the article was inaccurate. She went on to say that she knew the officer who arrested the suspect in the case, and gave a name of the officer she knew. Well, the name she gave wasn't the name of the arresting officer in the article, and I said "Maybe you are thinking of a different murder, because the article gives a different name for the arresting officer." She proceeded to throw her hand in my face, and started saying "Stop Talking! Stop Talking!" Over and over again....

I swear to god, I had to leave the room for fear that I was going to slap the shit out of the bitch....

Ok. Vent over. Had to get that off my chest. It is DEFINATELY time to end this "vacation"...

~Beaux

*edited to correct my awful spelling

There are some real grade A assholes in this world. Perhaps your sister in-law and my date from last night should hook up...

If it were up to me I'd say slap her and bail you out later lol
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

How do these things happen to you lol? If she did this to me then my rare angry side would come out. Enjoy the rest of the vacation(!)

axle2152 Wrote:There are some real grade A assholes in this world. Perhaps your sister in-law and my date from last night should hook up...

If it were up to me I'd say slap her and bail you out later lol

Well, if this tells you anything about her:

She is 56 years old, and despite being rather attractive and holding a good paying job, she has never had a relationship that lasted more than a week or two.

She lives with over 300(!) birds of assorted species (mostly parrots) and has 12 dogs, 20+ cats, and a handful of other animals (a goat, a horse, rats, hamsters, a raccoon....).

I have only been to her house once. I will NEVER go back, due to the AWFUL smell of animal urine and shit....

I feel certain, one day in the future we will get a phone call from the police asking for my husband to come and identify her weeks-dead body that some unfortunate neighbor has stumbled across and called 911...

~Beaux

Well that explains it all..

I have ONE cat which is enough. Anyone who has many animals and I am talking about more than 3 or 4 their house smells. I mean you end up doing nothing but cleaning up shit and the mess they create.

My date last night I assume they either have a lot of animals or don't clean up very well after them. He kind of smelled of that... Well that's another topic...

At any rate yes there are very few people who will tolerate that sort of person... Unless they're a crazy animal person themselves and the lining of their nose has been burnt away from the ammonia.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Sisters in law from hell are best avoided by whatever means possible.

It sounds like the mental health issues run in the family.

TwisttheLeaf Wrote:It sounds like the mental health issues run in the family.

You should meet the dad....he was bad even before the Alzheimer's set in.... Sad

Thank GOD I'm going home tomorrow! I have never so looked forward to a 15 hour drive in my LIFE!

~Beaux

Beaux Wrote:Well, if this tells you anything about her:

She is 56 years old,

Whoa I just assumed she was some teenaged brat. Early 20s at the latest.

Man that's tragic, to still be acting in such a pathetically dysfunctional way at that age.

can i add in a bit of psychology in here? ..

girls are quite uncomfortable around gay guys for two reasons ..

1) they feel insecure around gay guys
2) they feel unsafe around gay guys

i have to comment that your sister-in-law is a girl and not a woman ..