Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skinny jeans
What started of as a trend in women's fashion quickly gained prominence with members of the male persuasion as more young started wearing these tight,leg-hugging jeans.At first,I was kinda shocked as it to be very much a feminine look but I've grown to like them.Everyday I'm bound to see a fella walking around in green,red,yellow or neon pants and I'm kinda envious.I've been contemplating to buy myself a pair for months now but I always chicken out.What do you make of this trend?DO YOU OWN A PAIR?

Dan1089 Wrote:What started of as a trend in women's fashion quickly gained prominence with members of the male persuasion as more young started wearing these tight,leg-hugging jeans.At first,I was kinda shocked as it to be very much a feminine look but I've grown to like them.Everyday I'm bound to see a fella walking around in green,red,yellow or neon pants and I'm kinda envious.I've been contemplating to buy myself a pair for months now but I always chicken out.What do you make of this trend?DO YOU OWN A PAIR?

I love the look Luxhello more dudes should wear them!!

I don't own any, I've contemplated it but though nahhh its too much.

Several pairs, myriad of colours.

Go for it, but only if you are, like the jeans, skinny. Word to the wise there.

And I was called gay once because I wore purple corduroys that I'd purchased in Great Britain (and this was the mid 1970s, remember). Silly what stupid assessments a garment can garner.

Remember the days when you put your jeans on in a bathtub of water to get that skin tight dry?

princealbertofb Wrote:And I was called gay once because I wore purple corduroys that I'd purchased in Great Britain (and this was the mid 1970s, remember). Silly what stupid assessments a garment can garner.
I used to love that thigh to hip hugging look. I could carry it off in those days too. I had a pink pair of cords, two pairs of jeans (one yellow and the other started as blue - then I spattered bleach on them, tie-dyed them and added huge triangles of heavyweight cotton to make the largest flares ever) and a pair of orange split knee loons. I don't remember being called names for wearing them, but my geography teacher was clearly uncomfortable being seen with me when we spent a week on a school field trip in the Forest of Dean.

fjp999 Wrote:Remember the days when you put your jeans on in a bathtub of water to get that skin tight dry?
Yes, but getting them off again was a nightmare
Scared
That's why I was so pleased when flares were more fashionable.

Oh dear,when was this Marsh?The 70s,80s?

80s? Come on, my life was nearly over by then Wink

No this was the late 60s early 70s.