Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skins and Being Human (U.S Remakes)
I don't see the point behind remakes, honestly. Since I live in neither the U.K or U.S and the only thing that's different to me is the accents it just seems like a waste of money but anyways!

Skins!

I saw an episode and wanted to have sex and do drugs ASAP!/sarcasm
But that's obviously the kind of thing that those "responsible parents" are thinking teenagers would think after seeing an episode. Maybe it's just the culture or something but why do they think that teenagers are that stupid? Anyways! I thought the first episode was pretty "meh" (except the music, gosh, I love this show's soundtrack) and I only started watching it because I wanted something to watch every day of the week so I'll always have something to look forward to on T.V. The second episode was better and I really like Tea but I wouldn't say it's amazing just yet. I gotta say though, I thought the U.K version was pretty "meh" as well until the later episodes which were really good, hopefully this version will be the same way. The next episode will focus on Cadie who's character I loved in the U.K version so yay! I also have this almost unexplainable love for Tony's actor.

Being Human

Unlike Skins, I never saw the U.K original and I started watching it because I really like the idea behind it and the plot. As of the third episode, I really, really like this show. It's drawing me in the way Glee did. I don't like the Twilightly look of the vampire but I can look past that. I really like Sally and Josh is adorable but as for Aidan... I'm neutral.

Anyways! Anyone else watching these shows?

I don't tend to watch remakes, as the majority are terrible compared to the original. Just look at top gear for example.

I have a comparison of original and remake

original Omega Man great movie

Remake I AM Legend piece of crap

I still haven't been able to get the original since I cancelled my Netflix. Now all search DVD results I find in Amazon refer to the American version.

for me, remakes are a sign that someone has lost creativity to make new and original works.