Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skipped Pride and Went Exploring
Well around 2 months ago I was going on and on how I wanted to get involved and be part of the gay community and working and living in remote areas like near Yosemite NP really didn't help matters. So when I first got to YNP I booked a room at a Hostel and I was going to go for SF Gay Pride and get my hook up on and all that fun stuff. Instead I canceled my reservation and told my workplace to keep me off and I decided to go check out Point Reyes National Seashore that is above San Fran and I am having a blast and much better time that I ever would have had at Pride.

I have done like 45 miles of hiking and its been so much fun and so nice to just get out and about and explore the ocean and see birds and wildlife. I guess I get in little funks where I think I need to do something when in fact I really don't and its just a phase. I am still a 10 year virgin and loving every minute of it. Incase you don't know what a 10 year virgin is I decided that if you don't have sex in like 7 years then you are a virgin again and since its been 10 years I am yet again a virgin, lol.

i did not go to pride as I expected.
My partner had to be out of town and I just felt it was not right, how would I have felt if I were him.

Each to their own but how do you know what kind of time you would have had? I always t hought I would hate Pride/ the gay scene but I love it. Having said that, you had an awesome time of a different kind Smile

Thanks Jason, for stopping by. You've put a huge smile on my face. I am glad that you've found what works for you right now.

Point Reyes is breathtakingly beautiful...glad you had a good time Jason...

I skip pride every year...the only time I ever feel discriminated against is when I am in a crowd of all gay people. I don't like being physically dissected and critiqued...be it good or bad. For me..telling me I am hot because of the way I look or criticizing my clothes or hair or boyfriend or face or looks or age or ____________...YUK. I would rather not subject myself to it. I think it is a disgrace that we embrace and even celebrate such decadent and shallow behavoir as a group.

Happy to hear you are doing good. Was wondering not too long ago how you are and did you end up going to pride or hike. I choose nature over growded happenings any day.

Very excellent point! And yes, Point Reyes is a very beautiful place. I like Muir Woods, too.

East Wrote:I think it is a disgrace that we embrace and even celebrate such decadent and shallow behavoir as a group.

I agree with the rest of what you had written, but I don't quite get this. "decadent and shallow"? I've never been to Pride, but on a lot of video clips people were just happy and you could bring kids with you, it was more like a happening, nothing to be ashamed of.
I guess I didn't see what was typical for a Pride?

Nick9 Wrote:I agree with the rest of what you had written, but I don't quite get this. "decadent and shallow"? I've never been to Pride, but on a lot of video clips people were just happy and you could bring kids with you, it was more like a happening, nothing to be ashamed of.
I guess I didn't see what was typical for a Pride?

I personally beleive with every fiber of my being that IMAGE (what appears to be versus what is) will be the decline of our civilization (the definition of decadence) and way too many gay people (NOT ALL...BUT ALOT) celebrate being shallow and enjoy idolizing what appears to be rather than what is...celebrating physical beauty as something that matters when actual beauty is what lies underneath...focusing on what appears to be versus what is.

Trust me...I wish it wasn't that way and I actively tried to make a difference by holding and openly expressing my very unpopular opinion to the worst offenders...

When I am in the company of alot of gay people I have witnessed this group think behavior for way too many years so I avoid exposing myself to it.

lol , glad to see you having a great time.