Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skype sleepover format
So, I was thinking, I love sleepovers but I am too old for them, frankly. I'd love to figure out a way to have a sleepover via skype, and I think I've figured it out.

So, at a set time, you put your jammies on, get your sleeping bag out and set it up where you would if you were going to do an IRL sleepover. Then, you skype the person.

A rule- If you decide to watch TV while on Skype, you must be watching the same channel so that it feels like you're watching together. If you decide to watch YouTube videos, you should also sync your viewing with your friend.

Stay on Skype until 1:00 AM or 2:00 AM, and then say good night and hang up. Go to sleep in your sleeping bag just like you would in a normal sleepover. When you wake up, call them back and keep skyping with them until 2:00 PM or so.

What do you think?

That sounds like a good idea, but to be honest I doubt it'd work. I think the constant effort put into syncing everything would just kill all the fun.

If I were to have a sleepover with soemone (which I wouldn't. After 5:00pm everyone needs to just get the hell out of my bloody house or I will cut your eyelids open with scissors. I know how.) I think the whole point would be to be together in person.

But if you try, let us know how it works out! I might be completely wrong, I don't use skype or that kind of video calling thing, so I wouldnt be an expert on these things.

Yeah, it'd probably be better with a cousin or someone you used to have sleepovers with as a kid, just for old times sake.

Hmm, I see some problems but overall it's such an adorable idea! Perhaps I'd give it a try if I ever had to be away from a friend for a very long time.

I have one friend who now lives very far away but we sometimes set up a voice/video skype call and watch really bad movies together. It's surprising how fun that can be!

How old is too old for a sleepover?

When I was in college (don't ask how many decades ago) I lived in a house with another guy and 2 women. Many Saturday nights another friend came over and we all slept in the living room. This often progressed to a ticklefest.

Your idea sounds like it could be fun, but it's hard to tickle via skype.

Psh, I crash at friend's houses all the time. You're never too old for a sleepover :p

WHAT?!

There are age limits for sleepovers?

[SIZE="1"]Oh well...
I've always been a rebel.[/SIZE]