Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sleep
I sleep around 3-4 hours a day. I sleep as soon as I put my back on my bed because I only go to sleep when I can not stand staying up anymore. I am a workaholic and a college student =___=

Hi Tux.

How ironic that I should wake up at 3:40am (2:40am GMT) and find this post! Actually my problem was that I'd set my administrator password to a 12 digit number which the computer simply refused to accept after changing. It'd been foxing me all night and I just HAD to see to it - it's sorted now!

So you're suffering from the effects of insomnia? I get it too but my doctor has given me something non addictive and it seems to work. I think yours can be fixed without resort to medication though.

Basically what you have done is alter your Circadian Rhythms, the natural 24 hour cycle that tells our body when its time to sleep and wake. It may take a while but if you go to bed say an hour or two earlier towards the original time you normally went to bed you will probably get back to a normal routine again.

Now I've sorted my computer out and taken one of my sleeping tablets I'll be off again within an hour or so but probably feel like staying put when it's time to get up at 8:30am (British Time). Has anyone else noticed how that never happens at week ends or your day off!

Anyway, try my suggestion and see how it goes!

Somewhat random, but generally 6-8 hours a night.
I tend to stay up later on weekends (but also sleep in in the morning LOL)

And i need more sleep in the winter than in summer...i think that has something to do with the shorter daylight period...

I sleep at very weird times and I may oversleep. It sucks since I'm unemployed and not in college. I had my biological clock pretty much set... but then it really got messed up by March 2008.

Genersis Wrote:Really eratic.
12 to 17 hours a day, with loads of nightmares creating gaps of me trying to sleep.:frown: So its more like 12 to 17 hours IN bed, 6-9 hours sleep.

My wake hours changing daily.
Been 3PM till 2AM lately.

Tired 80% of the time.

Lucky i don't go to college or work yet huh......:redface:

you should go to a sleep-laboratory and let them watch your sleep..... and test your melatonine mirror. And watch out for a higher Serotonine mirror ...

I have month with under 1 hour / sleep a day ... and if I have good times I sleep 4 hours ... but I know its a effect from the FMS ... and in my case not unhealthy.... but sleep more then 12 hour ... is unhealthy...

fenris Wrote:you should go to a sleep-laboratory and let them watch your sleep..... and test your melatonine mirror. And watch out for a higher Serotonine mirror ...

I have month with under 1 hour / sleep a day ... and if I have good times I sleep 4 hours ... but I know its a effect from the FMS ... and in my case not unhealthy.... but sleep more then 12 hour ... is unhealthy...
Thanks for the advice.
But its probably just because i don't have a set time for sleeping.

Normally my only rules are:
In bed before 1 AM
Out of bed before 1PM.

But my body rarely abides by such.
Mainly due to nightmares, which seem to be primarily an after effect of being buillied for so long, and secondarily my fear of returning to education due to being bullied.

Maybe it will all return to "Normal" once i go to college or something?:confused:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

Genersis Wrote:Thanks for the advice.
But its probably just because i don't have a set time for sleeping.

Normally my only rules are:
In bed before 1 AM
Out of bed before 1PM.

But my body rarely abides by such.
Mainly due to nightmares, which seem to be primarily an after effect of being buillied for so long, and secondarily my fear of returning to education due to being bullied.

Maybe it will all return to "Normal" once i go to college or something?:confused:

yes ... let control the melatonine/serotonine-level ... nightmares can come from a imbalance of both....normally with this sleep behaviors you must have a very high melatonine and a very low serotonine - level... You can test this with a sleepless phase ... try to be awake 36+ hours.... this should change both level... and you should have a higher serotonine level..... but let someone watch you in this time.

fenris Wrote:.....but let someone watch you in this time.
So that i don't do anything stupid eh?!!!!!*Eye twitches*
:tongue:

Thanks for the advice.:biggrin:

Genersis Wrote:So that i don't do anything stupid eh?!!!!!*Eye twitches*
:tongue:

Thanks for the advice.:biggrin:

*g ... yes .... like an friend of mine ... would make some bratwurst ... and laid his fingers in the pan with hot oil Astrosmiley2

fenris Wrote:*g ... yes .... like an friend of mine ... would make some bratwurst ... and laid his fingers in the pan with hot oil Astrosmiley2
Ouch....just.....ouch.:eek: