Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sleep
6-9 hrs per night but there have been several times where I would sleep very weirdly. For example, I would sleep from 22:00 to 13:00 the following day. It could be because my body is attempting to catch up on sleep lost. This has happened more than once... Other times I would sleep from 17:00 one afternoon after school until 21:00, wake up to eat, then go back to sleep from 22:00 until 5:30 the next morning and then wake up for school. Yep, I'm a weird sleeper. Also, I never stay up past midnight doing any kind of assignments or work. It's sort of a rule of thumb for me as well as a habit.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

Vigilias Wrote:Hi Tux.
So you're suffering from the effects of insomnia? I get it too but my doctor has given me something non addictive and it seems to work. I think yours can be fixed without resort to medication though.

Basically what you have done is alter your Circadian Rhythms, the natural 24 hour cycle that tells our body when its time to sleep and wake. It may take a while but if you go to bed say an hour or two earlier towards the original time you normally went to bed you will probably get back to a normal routine again.

Anyway, try my suggestion and see how it goes!

I'll try it! Last night I must have laid down in bed for about 3 hours until falling asleep, only to wake up two hours later and have to go to school. Cry
Oddly enough, we had a discussion about health in class today. Despite studying biology a few years back I only just found out today that too many carbohydrates can make you feel sluggish and sleepy. Rolleyes

So I think it might have to do with my diet and circadian rhythm... disruption? Either way, I'll take your advice, eat less carbs and see how it goes.

I am not a goood sleeper, grabbing about 4 hours at a time. Never any longer, seem to sleep best between 3am - 7am. Things to help sleep are, no caffeine at night, read a book in bed and use soft music playing low in the background with the lights off. Any of these may help you, just try it and see.

I sleep like 6hours a day. lol Sometimes even less, and I am sometimes sleepy in Class. However, I am never able to fall asleep in class....as far as I can remember I have never fallen asleep in any of my classes...Scatter

I forgot the no caffeine thing! No caffeine after around 4pm and watch those carbonated drinks, many of those have caffeine in them.

It's around 5:05am British time and I'm awake after a few hours of light sleep. This NEVER happens when I have to get up the next morning! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr:mad:

Sleep? I remember that. I don't seem to have any problem dropping off to sleep at night, but I rarely stay asleep for more than three or four hours. A couple of nights this week I have only had two hours. It is a bit of a nuisance being tired all the time though. PA has a very good cure for my sleeplessness and I have sometimes been able to get five or even six hours when I'm with him - roll on next week.