Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slow down
Anyone know why my music slows right down temporarily when I'm doing stuff... doesn't seem as though the computer is overly busy either

Typical time, I'll already be logged into MSN, maybe have a download going, then it'll slow down when opening up IE - google is my homepage so it's not exactly a large site.

Confused!

Well my first thought would be that you're placing too high a load on the computer's RAM for it to keep juggling the applications about ... could be a virtual memory issue I guess ?

Are you using Windows Media Player with a Visualisation ? Try playing the music through a couple of different media players and seeing if that helps (such as iTunes, etc.), and seeing whether that helps ...

How much RAM do you have in your PC by the way ??

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

I use the lyrics plugin for Media Player (I like to sing along (badly) now and again!)

I've got 768MB RAM (256 + 512). I do notice that when I've got the CPU usage monitor going... when it happens, that maxes out completely! But I still can't figure why as there's not usually enough stuff going on that I would consider to max it.

I'll try another player for a while see how it goes.

Another option is to just whack up the RAM - try putting 2GB in there and see how that fares - it's not too expensive these days either - just make sure you get stuff that's compatible Confusedmile:.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Hi m8 yer try more ram or it cud be a spyware problem on yor pc!! Try dis free prog to scan yor pc
http://www.download.com/Ad-Aware-2007-Fr...l&tag=top5

If ya havent done a spyware scan b4 yul be shocked how much nasty shit can get installed thru yor internet browser. Done it for ma m8 an he got over 200 problems picked up. After it woz fixed an pc rebooted ran so much faster!!

Indeed if its not your internet connection your pc memory or just need to reboot the ad-aware software is good and free. Xyxthumbs