Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Small town girls or big city boys?
Were you born in a small town or a big city? What is great about it? What sucks about it?

I was born in a small city, and was moved to a larger city when I was 8 years old.

I liked the place where I was born. It was big enough to be interesting, but small enough not to be overwhelming.

When we moved to the "big city", it was fun for a while. Now its old, boring, and dull.

But not as dull as living out in "the boonies".

what I think is medium. But it's probz tiny compared to lots of places.

[COLOR="Blue"]omg I'm the madhatter's twin in real life :0 lolz

But I was born(as almost everyone here is) in a Hospital, but I was raised in the Old Capital of my Island, which I guess is the Equivalent of an American "Small town" and then swiftly after moved to the more "Big City" portion of the island, which is really not a City in the truest sense of the word.

More or less a Town itself xD

Depending on the Parish, the type of living is slightly different, even tho we're a small island with 9 parishes (2 villages and 1 unofficial town).

Where I am now, is more residential, meaning more houses, stores, blah blah, so That's Pembroke.

Hamilton, which isn't technically a Parish per se, but is the name we use instead of Pembroke if we're talking about the entire area collectively(meaning the "City") is more or less the Industrial part of the island and is considered the epicenter for most of anything that a gwaan xD

St.Georges, where I was raised, is the old Capital and is more Maritime-y, lots of Ocean dwelling and old houses and what not. It's very old school and less modern than say Hamilton/Pembroke.

However, regardless of where you are, it's pretty much common that you'd be near water, trees and so forth, so for me there isn't a whole heap of difference :> I just love the whole island lol

Hands-make-heart[/COLOR]

Where I was born? Oh damn. I was born in one of the biggest cities: Los Angeles. I'm so fucking glad I didn't actually grow up there though. LA sucks! It's too full of assholes, traffic is terrible (not unlike where I live now), and the pollution is unfathomable. I thankfully grew up in a muuuuuuuuch smaller and nicer city (but still somewhat of a city) in Oregon.

In a big city...

There are some pros and cons

Pros:
Important establishments and infrastractures are very near...
Better transportation (with airport, trains, more cabs)

Cons:
Polluted
Higher crime rate
People seems so busy
Quite more expensive to live in
So many people
And the dreaded traffic

Sylph Wrote:[COLOR="Blue"]
But I was born(as almost everyone here is) in a Hospital, but I was raised in the Old Capital of my Island, which I guess is the Equivalent of an American "Small town" and then swiftly after moved to the more "Big City" portion of the island, which is really not a City in the truest sense of the word.

BORN????

You weren't BORN, you were hatched from a larvae egg.......like the flea you are!!!

A big city boy who wishes to become a small-town boy and meet a small-town man. Big Grin

MisterTinkles Wrote:BORN????

You weren't BORN, you were hatched from a larvae egg.......like the flea you are!!!

Oh please, atleast I wasn't ejected and rejected from a Pussy, by a Pussy you wanna be Pussy...cat Wink

All the better for me to annoy the shit out of you with my little flea bites :hugs-and-kisses-smi

Kenny221 Wrote:A big city boy who wishes to become a small-town boy and meet a small-town man. Big Grin

You mean a big city boy who wants to settle down in a small town, filled with big beary daddies, and you are the only "fresh meat" in town!!!!

Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl