Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Small town girls or big city boys?
hue Wrote:I was born in a small town in alabama and live in an even smaller town in georgia (southern usa).
I crossdress openly and have been treated warmly by most. Sadly, my romantic opportunities are limited but I'm keeping the goods out there.

Butter

Oh I did hear tell that between San Francisco and Atlanta Georgia, it's Gay-a-palooza and the whole of Europe is fag town <3

My friend wants to take me to Atlanta, cause she says the men there are too hot to be gay (cause she wants them) :I

I grew up in a small fishing town & port called Newhaven on the south east coast of england… Theres a film called "The great ecstacy of robert carmichael" that i was watching and suddenly i realised it was in newhaven and someone from newhaven must of made it… i wouldnt recommend it, its not very good with a really violent ending but it made whole use of the town, my old school, the cliffs, the beach, the pubs, the characters, everything, I left when i was 18.

I was born in ... NOTHING. This very small town is suffocating me. Already did, but after living in London... Is worse...
Last week I was (here) at the house of a friend, her housband told me 'living here for me is like living in a city, here we have a primary school, a minimarket, etc etc etc, a lot of things' I was like 'Are you serious??? We have a lot of café, empty café' ... But he was serious, cause he's hometown is not a town, I mean, at the best is a small village with maybe 500 inhabitants, or probably less...

I'm a city boy, I always loved big cities, but I was born in this nothing/nowhere.

So I suppose this is the...third time I think I've mentioned this.

Chile does not have big cities. Nevermind the scarce population, geography will never let any city grow much. Even the outrageously big-by-our-standards Santiago (the only true metropoli here) is limited by mountain ranges in almost every direction.

So, I wasn't born is a small town nor have I ever lived in a small town, but these places will hardly pass a cities in other sides of the planet.

I was born and have only lived within the Greater Valparaíso Conurbation: I was born in Viña del Mar (never lived there though), and have lived in Quilpué, Villa Alemana and Valparaíso proper.

Pros: Hospitals*, Jobs, schools (free public education SUCKS, but half private/half public schools are common, way cheaper than private schools and fairly good), colleges..many colleges..places to buy stuff. Access to..pretty much everything you need for a decent life, all available with the money of a middle class average Joe. You really don't have to go anywhere else looking for opportunities if you are the responsible type and remain smart about your finances.

Cons: Not many. I put a * on hospital just cause public health tends to suck. As many things, money gets better things *sigh* like private health. Pollution is not a big deal, least of all in the coast. Traffic can be a pain in rush hour, duh! But it's limited to 2 or 3 particular places and is not systemic to the entire conurbation. Public Transport is awesome but Bus drivers are usually raging maniacs here.

The biggest con is crime rate in peripheral areas of each of the 4 municipalties within the conurbation. Then again, why on earth would you willingly live or roam around there if you're the average middle class Joe. If you're below poverty line though......*sigh*

MisterTinkles Wrote:You mean a big city boy who wants to settle down in a small town, filled with big beary daddies, and you are the only "fresh meat" in town!!!!

Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl

I'd buy that movie... Mhm..

I was raised in the countryside a few minuttes away from a very small town. I took the bus there every day, for school.
I am thankful to have grown up in the middle of nowhere. I believe it taught me lots of important qualities, such as simply lowering the speed of things when life gets too stressful to handle. The ability to enjoy the peace and quiet, without getting scared in the sense you would from a horror movie; it's too quiet, something bad is going to happen!!!*SCREEEECH*. Frog

One annoying thing about growing up in the countryside, was that when we (Husbear and I) moved to Malmö, Sweden, and lived in the middle of the city (which is big by my standards) there would often be cars honking their horns. Because I lived in the countryside for 20 years, I automatically assumed that whenever somebody honked their horn, that was because I had guests coming down the driveway and I should prepare for their arrival....... Not bloody likely on the 9th floor.

big city ...

kyoto , to be exact ...

I was born in a city, not a large city but one within 35 miles of San Francisco. My last day of High School I hitchhiked to a small town 200 miles away and have lived in the same rural county for the last 44 years.

I was borned and raised in swedens top 20 cities (spot 16), it's a city, but it's not that big, nor small. For the moment I live in a tiny village... a community in one of Swedens most remote places, lappland, and it has made me appreciate the size of my hometown, but it's still nothing compared to any of the great cities of the world. I have no idea where I want to live quite frankly, I hate my god forsaken hometown, this village is to small and concervative and stockholm... Stockholm is a very nice and appealing city, but it's population is nothing but self centered, egoistic, materialistic arseholes whom thinks all of Swedens circles around it. I was in London for a week, and I loved the diversity, but I guess it would also worn me out in the long run. I guess the cities that I, at the moment would like to move / work / travel to would be Reykjavik, Amsterdam, Antwerpen, Valletta or Katmandu.
Sometimes you need a bit of chaos in your life to be able to shrug off pitiful disdain about something meaningless.

Zet Wrote:Stockholm is a very nice and appealing city, but it's population is nothing but self centered, egoistic, materialistic arseholes whom thinks all of Swedens circles around it.

What you say astonishes me!
All the people from Stockholm I have dealt with to prepare my moving seemed to be very helpful, but not at all egoistic!

I hope I'm not too wrong haha :p

Ekwarph Wrote:What you say astonishes me!
All the people from Stockholm I have dealt with to prepare my moving seemed to be very helpful, but not at all egoistic!

I hope I'm not too wrong haha :p

Haha could've just been that I just meet the wrong kind of people xD How do you fancy our capitol so far?
Sometimes you need a bit of chaos in your life to be able to shrug off pitiful disdain about something meaningless.