Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smoking
Pix Wrote:Just out of curiosity, what's enjoyable about a cigar? :confused:
Rich smell with a heavy dose of nicotine that absorbs slowly through the skin (rather than through the lungs with cigarettes). It's supremely relaxing, like weed, without the disorienting effects.

You can instantly relax with a cigar and still be lucid enough to manage your stock portfolio, which isn't possible while drunk or stoned. I suspect this effect is what makes cigarettes so initially addictive.

Still, I save cigars for special occasions with good friends and good drink. I had them on two occasions last year...one before my US Marine buds shipped off to Afghanistan.

Ty Confusedmile:

Beaux Wrote:I started smoking when I was 17 years old. Absolutely the WORST habit I have ever picked up. 23 years later and I hav changed over to electronic cigs. They are actually a water-based nicotine delivery system--no tar, no more pulmonary damage. I tried to quite many times over the past 22 and some years (patches, gum Chantix) but this has been the first time I really feel like I have actually made a positive change. They rock.

Couldn't agree with you more. I started when I was 11 years old, so it's now a 32 year old habit, but see I don't know if I want to give up.

I know it is unhealthy, I know it has adverse effects on my day to day health, I have tried a few times to quit but failed.

I think the quit smoking aids are only part of the solution. The will power and the drive to quit play a large part of the aids actually working.

I am grown up by smokers, my brother is one, both my parents are, all my aunts on fathers and mothers side, my grand mother and father on fathers side, all my cousins on mothers side and many friends of mine, but i have never had the urge. Just think its totally illogically and is simply pointless, the only reason for it is to support the tobacco industry which is a cruel and bloody one. Its bad for your health, it smells horrible, taste awful, costs a lot, highly addictive and gives no rush. I can admit i smoke some pot but its just occasionally once in a while but that is different. At least it taste somewhat herb'ish and gives a rush Smile