Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smoking
Toppo Wrote:I've been a on again off again smoker for 20 years. Yes it can feel great particularly in social situations drinking with friends. I've given up twice. Once for a year and once for four years. It can be one of the most difficult things to do. I always find the best incentive not to smoke is how much money I'd save over 12 months. I'm looking at quiting again as I took up the habit again last December. I've had one failed attempt to quit this year but I am determined to be off it again by years end.

i really wish u luck this time man..
20 years is a bit much for ur health...
but i will tell u what i do when it comes to decisions...
whenever i say i will do/quit something later.... it never happenes
if i want to do something i do it like Right Now....
and btw thats how my dad quit smoking after 40 years of heavy smoking (and im talking 2 packs a day).... best of luck quitting this time Wink

I am quite surprised... I love smoking. I love every aspect of smoking. I actually started off on cigars. I love Sheeshas... but all we do now is go through a pack a day between the both of us, or two, on a stressful day.

The irony of this is, well... I'm having the 5th throat infection this year, i burst i blood vessel and puked blood... and lost my voice...

So yeah, we're cutting down to smoking socially... it's for our own good.

Toppo Wrote:It can be one of the most difficult things to do.

Actually I find giving up smoking is one of the easiest things in the world to do, I have tried it several times...it's a breezeeeeeeeee...the most difficult thing is staying off the bloody things.

I have been smoking since I was 12 years old, back in those days you could walk into the corner store and tell the shop assistant that were for mum or dad, and because they knew who mum and dad were and what they smoked, it was easy.

So I have been smoking for over 30 years and I hate it and find it rather difficult to stay of the bloody things. I can't stand the smell of smokes, I can't stand smoking in enclosed spaces, and I can't stand other peoples smoke.

Yeah, I know it affects my health and my wallet, but in reality you have to be in the right place emotionally and psychologically beofre you can even contemplate quitting.

That's my story, and I'm sticking with it :biggrin:

geno Wrote:I don't understand how one cigarette can make you calm, therefor it seems very unnessecery and kind of phony. I don't want to offend anyone, and to show you what I mean I will give you an example. I keep seeing people around me who keep moaning about how poor they are, how they don't have enough money for food, and at the same time they are spending 4$ every day on a box of cigarettes, which is 120$ per month, which is like 25% of their income.

I could swear this topic was done already but whatever; I smoke and have been smoking for 10 or so years. As for it calming you down I can testify for that one, but it's only in extreme cases. Like when i was deployed to iraq ( but that's a fucking combat zone, it helped alot then). state side, maybe if you where just in a car accident but for dealing with the everyday BS, I'd say thats BS.

As for not having money for anything I've never had that problem, I've always been working. but if you don't have money for food then you shouldn't be smoking in the first place. as for quitting, the initial quitting part is easy, its keeping it out of your head that's hard. I've associated smoking with every aspect of my life whether i'm driving a car, at work, or at a bar, i constantly think about smoking (and that's the addiction, i have no delusions about smoking yeah its bad for my health; but what isn't? not exercising is bad, most foods are bad for you unless your on a diet of some kind, there's so many things out there that are just as bad if not worse)

I'm a health freak so obviously smoking is a huge no to me. I also kept telling myself that my potential boyfriend should not be a smoker as well.

Then I joined the company that I work with right now. Well, what do you know! Most of my colleagues are smokers.

I also had a huge crush on a guy who happens to be a smoker.

Tolerance. I guess.

I loooooove smoking -_- even though I'm well aware it's a horrible habit.

After sex, after dinner, after a stressful day, or just before bed. The cool blue icey smoke drifting from your grip as you find everything just melt away into seven minutes of quiet time. They're like tiny deadly meditations.

Also, big guys smoking cigars Tongue always a win.

Sil Wrote:Also, big guys smoking cigars Tongue always a win.

I can't resist smoking on a big cigar at the gambling tables every time I go to Las Vegas.

Well, somking for me is,
1) waste of money
2) bad health
3) bad smell
I dont like any of these so im not into it Wink

my partner quit before i knew him, said it was easy to quit and he says he never had any inclination to re start.

get in control of your life. smoking is nasty skank, my mother died of lung cancer.

I've never smoked and hate smoking when allowed in public places. I've got a few friends trying to stop, and they aren't doing to well. I wish you luck though!