Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smoking...
Solomon Wrote:Sorry to open this old thread. Just wondering how you got on and if you've go any tips Rowan? I'm trying at the moment and its HARD! I think back and find it hard to remember not smoking, it's just part of my every day life like eating, drinking and sleeping.
I don't want to use patches or nicotine gum as this is still feeding the addiction! I've tried a book that loads of people in England rave about, but just found it REALLY patronising.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks.

I know it's a difficult habit to break for some and in France they suggest you get medical help from your doctor, so maybe that's something you'd like to try? Good luck, Seth...
Not sure whether Rowan really did give up smoking. He was talking about it but sounded too hooked on the stuff. Well, good luck to both of you. May you succeed.

I moved to Japan where everyone smokes so I started smoking - for 10 years... then moved to San Francisco where no one was smoking so I quit. BF tried but couldnt quit.

I found it pretty easy to quit by going cold turkey. I did chew gum and rode my bicycle a LOT. Did whatever it took to feel good about my decision.

Very happy I quit. I cant imagine spending all that money and it just goes up in smoke lol...

good luck to ya both.

I think thats what I need to do, go cold turkey and replace it with a form of exercise I can do regularly near home. Better dust the ol' bike off then. Thanks all.Confusedmile:

Solomon Wrote:I think thats what I need to do, go cold turkey and replace it with a form of exercise I can do regularly near home. Better dust the ol' bike off then. Thanks all.Confusedmile:

Good luck with that wise decision... It'll make your breath fresher and also you'll find that you can taste again... (or so I hear). Confusedmile:

princealbertofb Wrote:Good luck with that wise decision... It'll make your breath fresher and also you'll find that you can taste again... (or so I hear). Confusedmile:

and you'll be able to breathe again too Wink which is always good!

Smurlos Wrote:and you'll be able to breathe again too Wink which is always good!

Well, that'll depend on how much he has to hold his stomach in... LOL. Icon16

princealbertofb Wrote:Well, that'll depend on how much he has to hold his stomach in... LOL. Icon16

LOL, how dare you!!!!Roflmao

Solomon Wrote:LOL, how dare you!!!!Roflmao

oh, well, you're young, I'm sure you don't have to... Confusedmile: I would. :frown: The main thing is you'll be much healthier and more whole...

Thats what I'm going for PA. Thanks for the support:biggrin: .
Bighug

I got into smoking because all my friends were doing it, which I now really regret. I started when I was about 14 and ever since i've been hooked. I tried cutting down and I managed to get down to 2 a day but then I went right back up again. I'm now on about 20 a day. I find it hard to quit or cut down, especially because all my mates at work, college and in my social life smoke. Even my parents. Help! :frown: