Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Snow
No snow for me..I lived in New York before and I had enough to ;last me the rest of my life. In the San Francisco Bay Area...no snow except on high mountains. It has hardly even rained here this year...been even in temperature pretty much the past couple of months.

I love snow! I live in Colorado, so we get a lot of snow and often during the winter. But it's my favorite season of them all. There's just something magical about a world covered in a blanket of white, sparkly snow.

fredv3b Wrote:Snow is fine in countries that can cope with it. England goes to pot at the lightest sprinkle of the white stuff.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to agree with Fred, give us a light sprinkling of snow and everything stops schools local governemnt offices just stop and close. Fred I really must stop agreeing with you..!

User

where i grew up snow was ultra-rare.
so, i moved somewhere it wasn't rare. it can make it hard to get around and get to work, but i do like it ...and then of course there is the romance of a cuddle in front of a fireplace or a wood stove wrapped in a blanket with horses on it while you can see the snow falling outside the window and everything is so quiet except for the unobtrusive music playing and the wood pops and crackles and the incense is faint but smells so good even though you cant identify what it is exactly because the boyfriend won't tell you and he's the one that bought it and the only light is the light coming in from the window and from the fire and maybe there's some coffee or hot chocolate with whipped cream and then the boyfriend starts squirting the whipped cream in your face and then you laugh and move to rub your face on his to smear it all over but instead he kisses you and then he takes the whipped cream andPyth

then again you have to shovel a lot of snow up there so...
i came back down south.

YetAnother Wrote:where i grew up snow was ultra-rare.
so, i moved somewhere it wasn't rare. it can make it hard to get around and get to work, but i do like it ...and then of course there is the romance of a cuddle in front of a fireplace or a wood stove wrapped in a blanket with horses on it while you can see the snow falling outside the window and everything is so quiet except for the unobtrusive music playing and the wood pops and crackles and the incense is faint but smells so good even though you cant identify what it is exactly because the boyfriend won't tell you and he's the one that bought it and the only light is the light coming in from the window and from the fire and maybe there's some coffee or hot chocolate with whipped cream and then the boyfriend starts squirting the whipped cream in your face and then you laugh and move to rub your face on his to smear it all over but instead he kisses you and then he takes the whipped cream andPyth

then again you have to shovel a lot of snow up there so...
i came back down south.

[SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]You paint such a wonderfully romantic picture, drawing the reader into a a scene that would be so cosily and loving, just to let us down with reality.. Please don't write any romances you would only go and break the reader's heart... loll
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Yay! it snowed last night!!! I'm so happy, it always brightens my spirits by a number of degrees! And YetAnother, you hit on one of the best qualities of snow... the quiet. I was so happy last night while I enjoyed a cigarette, all the sounds were so insulated, cars had to pass rather close to be heard, and as they pass a cone of light around them can be seen due to each individually illuminated snow flake.... *sigh* Plus the sound and feel of the crunch under my feet ahhh.....

In fact I even woke up with this song running through my head this morning.... Big Grin PLEASE, if you've not seen the movie before, be sure to give this a watch through... Big Grin it's my favorite!!

I love love love LOVE snow, the more of it the better, it's snowing right now but only on and off but being near the hills helps :biggrin: well.. one thing I do hate is when people walk on it and ruin it or they destroy it with grit/salt and snow plows, send me off to alaska, canada or the antartic and i'd be in heaven :biggrin:

MidgetGem Wrote:I love love love LOVE snow, the more of it the better, it's snowing right now but only on and off but being near the hills helps :biggrin: well.. one thing I do hate is when people walk on it and ruin it or they destroy it with grit/salt and snow plows, send me off to alaska, canada or the antartic and i'd be in heaven :biggrin:

I promise not to walk on your virgin snow....!

Haha, why thank you Almac :biggrin:

I live in a place where on a clear day I can look at the snow 80 miles+ away on the peaks of the mountains.

Where snow should be - not in my driveway, not on my walk way - no shoveling, no driving through it, no chains, no salt and ash eating out the bottom of my vehicles, no snow boots, no slush when it starts melting - snow - far enough away were I can appreciate its beauty - from a distance.

I lived in Wisconsin a few years, moved south to Kentucky - and still too much snow - so I headed west away from the snow.