Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So...
Anyway, way I haven't been posting my 100 posts or whatever it was I was doing for a while.

Bob had diarrhea like real bad since Thanksgiving. Tuesday I took him into hospital, his BP was 79/44, he developed chest pain, and now is reliving WWII happily in CCU. Apparently he thinks he is on a hospital ship and apparently I joined the military at some point in the past week. Rolleyes

So I took a dehydrated man with the shits to the hospital and they expertly gave him a heart attack, and apparently have decided to give him some deeply serious psychological issues as well.

He was (past tense) altogether there in the head the night I left him in their care. Now he is strapped to his bed (because he is fighting the nurses) and doesn't know what year he is in. Check that, doesn't know what century he is in.Cry
Anyway, I have been spending a lot of time at hospital and doing other crap.

Today on way to hospital by way of running errands my roommates car's starter stopped starting. We called a tow and the tow truck ended up lifting the car's front wells up off the ground. All three of us piled into the cab of the truck and the lift mechanism decided the car wasn't height enough and lifted it all the way up until the car was lifted off the ground, and then the front wheels of the tow truck lifted up ever so slightly allowing the car to rest on its back bumper. The 'fix' was to lower the car which ended up scraping the tail end of the car across the asphalt. The prongs of the fork part of the lift stuck under the front tired ended up doing 'minor' damage to the wheel well, breaking the front axles, possibly thrashing the transmission (front end transmission).

But have no fear, the tow truck guy untangled that mess by wrecking the towing forks of the to towing/lift thingy:

Looks sort of like this:
[Image: imgUsedTowTrucks.jpg]

Car damage? She sort of lists to her left now.... Well she rests on her frame instead of on the driver's side tire since that whole axle on that side can't support a gnat let alone the whole care. Cars having out of 4 wheels ain't bad - thus it could be worse.

Three hours later the owner of the tow company was all apologetic and promising to 'fix this'. For the umpteenth time. Meanwhile its like below 40F and this old elf ain't designed for this subarctic temperatures.

Yesterday or the day before - its all sort of blending in my mind - I completely emptied out the bedroom my boss uses since he ain't sleeping there currently, ripped up the carpeting to find my second worst nightmare. The bad is stained an interesting dark brown and still a bit 'slushy' Did I mention that he has diarehha and decided to make a run for the bathroom from his bed, um Saturday - or what is Sunday - what day did I steam clean the carpet?

Well steam cleaners do a lousy job of cleaning the pad under the carpet. So I ended up removing the pad, bleach the floor in the spots (trail actually) where shit oozed through the pad, once dried I decided to paint the whole floor with epoxy concrete sealer. Last night, oh what, 3 am? I was up relaying the carpet followed by a second steam cleaning. It smells a lot cleaner in there.

Tomorrow I have all of the furniture and other crap (boxes of stuff) to move into the bedroom. Should he return, we are getting depends because I'm not cleaning that room that deeply ever again.

So this is a minor peek into the wonderful week I have been having. Oh this is only the tip of the iceberg. Apparently this week was destined to be 'interesting' - not a single damn thing has gone exactly as planned - as in why bother with a plan its all going to get very, very interesting... Ask me how many steam cleaners I had to rent after the one he owns stopped sucking... (if you guessed three trips to get a steam cleaner, ergo such a late night last night, and one of the errands was dropping it off today... you win the prize)

But this is ok, we still have the Landlord's/boss's car we can have towed, to totaled in some interesting way if this weekend continues to be interesting.

oh and they are predicting snow for Mirkwood tonight. We have the rain, and its very, very cold out there already... Rolleyes

So how was your week?

Sno problem folks, I may be out of vodka but I have about 50 other bottles of interesting old timey alcohols to treat my particular mind numbing issues with.

See you all in a month or three.

Sounds like a fun time. I heard that bad things come in three's however you've had more than that.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:So how was your week?

It was good, thanks..Biglaugh

Oh shit, Bowyn, it doesn't rain in Cali but it pours, right?

The old man...

not sure it's the meds to blame, severe dehydration due to the runs can cause hallucinations to no end, seeming how the nervous impulse depends on electrolites and you get to loose a lot of those and water during such a lovely state..

so, hey..at least you have the house to yourself for a bit..no?

Good job on the cleaning btw..

well, if your serious about dissapearing off the face of GS for a while, I'll wait till you get back to give you this

Bighug

and for now, I'll leave you with this

Bighug

My week was profoundly less shitty than that. There was much less shit involved

Wow, that was one shitty week! Hang in there, David, and please use that liquor closet judiciously. You might as well enjoy it as a fringe benefit, but you don't want to be cleaning up after yourself next week.

I hope the boss pulls through and comes home to live to be even older and more crotchety. It sounds like it's time to make plans for your next steps though, just in case. It's hard to do that when you're only keeping company with Jack Daniels. I think I remember you saying you don't do change very well. You can prepare for it and have some amount of influence, or just go kicking and screaming. Either way, hang in there!

Oh believe me, Ive had worse weeks than that. Ive got friends who had 7 years worse than me AND you put together!!!! Its not something most people WANT to think about, but it does help out.....well, for me anyway......that there are people out there who have it a HELL of a lot worse.

Im sorry you are going through all this. If I had any money, Id come out there to help you out for a bit....but I cant even afford to go visit my sister. And she just lives in the next state.

I just hope all you do is being documented. All the costs have been on receipts and are in a safe place, stored. I hope that your name is on the medical paperwork also. When the time comes, you will be able to sue for the rights to his holdings/money. You can get a lawyer probono (or whatever the term is) for this too. His family has no rights on any claims.

You need to start looking for a probation lawyer that will help you out, so he can get you set up when the time comes to start fighting this stuff.

Bighug

It reminds me my typical week when I was in Italy. Bad karma would say someone.
But, you're really leaving for a period? :-(
See you soon in this case.

Past two days I have spent predominately in bed unconscious... I slept 18 hours, got up for a few hours then took an 8 hour nap.

That was sleep. I think I have nearly forgotten what sleep really was. I woke up a few hours ago all warm and tingly and feeling oh so snuggly under my comforter and Egyptian cotton sheets - I just laid there for a half an hour enjoying the warmth.

I'm feeling better, more energy, the aches and pains are far less than they have been. Since Bob went into hospital I was running on nervous energy... Too much worry or something - IDK.

No my comment about the see ya in 1-3 months was a joke, I estimate that there is enough alcohol (if we include the schnapps - ew) to last me a solid month of solid drinking - meaning not just drinking evenings, but constantly. Maybe even more than that. He bought an awful lot of alcoholic product from cheap stuff to pretty expensive fancy bottle type stuff.

He's been moved from CCU to a regular room, still loopy - senile, whatever they did to him. But he is stable - physically speaking, and sleeping up a storm.

IDK. Things cannot keep going the way they were. 5 or less hours a sleep every night and dealing with his crap and shit without days off ain't going to fly no more. He is just going to have to hire someone else to do all of that for him. Or he is going to have to start paying me far, far better with at least 48 hours off a week.

I even ate a huge meal and am currently snacking on a pear and grapes. I have an appetite again!!!! :eek:

So I think half of my problem has been lack of real rest.

At least you were in the tow truck and not the car... that really woulda been the cherry on top of the icing on top of the cake!

If the old guy makes it back to land... is there any way you could make it easier for him to reach the toilet, just saying as the guy i care for has similiar problem but now hes much closer to the toilet, which a much shorter trip, less chance of evacuation en route.

Ok take it easy cap