Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So I apparantly came out to my brother last night...
congrats, hopefully your brother will accept you soon and you can get on with your life Smile

princealbertofb Wrote:How much older is your brother? I don't suppose he'll understand completely to start with, and he will definitely question your own thinking.

Would you prefer him to keep it a secret from your parents until you're ready to tell them yourself, or would you like him to help you share the news with your parents?

so it might be best for you both to keep the secret a while? See how you feel about it.

He's... 25 I believe. I told him to keep it a secret, I don't want my father finding out, he's one of those people who just sticks on something and would harass you with it for eternity, ugh.

Sil Wrote:Your brother cares for you and looks out for you, and as such he'll be wanting to save you from any harm associated with being gay, the lifestyle. There's also an element of being patronising "you wouldn't understand" seems to be the eternal cry of the older sibling, or older person in general, myself included. I remember it myself and it's infuriating when you know exactly how you feel.

He'll come to terms with it eventually ^_^ but I know how awkward it must be right now... it's just aclimatisation, eventually with time he will become used to the idea when you show your colours over the months and years.

Yeah, he told me that I don't know what I'm getting myself into. He asked me if I met people who are making being gay seem all "hip and cool" LOL.

And I know! It makes me want to scream, I know how I feel! I hope overtime he just ends up accepting it, I can't force him.

OH tux GOOD for you. you may find in time that being honest will relieve some of your angst and after you have comeout all the way you will no longer need the pills. no i am not a doctor but I started sleeping alot bettter when i accepted and admitted i was gay and i was 25 when i finaly accepted it

Tuxsky, I join the many here who say congratulations and it will all get better.

Who knows if and when your brother will accept you being gay. The important thing to remember is that you are not alone. You have already experienced the feeling of being who you are. Not hiding and taking pride in yourself is the most freeing emotion in the world.

The problem is you brothers, not yours. Direct him to affirming websites like PFLAG where, if he wants, he can get support from others who are having trouble dealing with a loved one who has decided to be out. He could actually learn and grow for himself – and that is what he will need to do.

If you really don't want to deal with him this weekend and have a comfortable place to escape, then feel free to do so. But I suspect you are strong enough to calmly stand up to him and realize it's his problem – you know who you are.

Be safe and well!

Tux, I laughed and laughed at your predicament,(partially because I am insane) because you seem to be going through the 'Groundhog Day' of coming out gay with your Brother. He sounds like your Dad, relentless. Do you feel like you might have to say it one more time for good measure? Lol. I see a suggestion in here admonishing you to allow him to accept your truth in his time. That's great advice.And YAY for you, for finally coming out; even if it was in a drug induced state, lol. Next stop, Parents... but in your own sweet time.

Aaycle Wrote:Tux, I laughed and laughed at your predicament,(partially because I am insane) because you seem to be going through the 'Groundhog Day' of coming out gay with your Brother. He sounds like your Dad, relentless. Do you feel like you might have to say it one more time for good measure? Lol. I see a suggestion in here admonishing you to allow him to accept your truth in his time. That's great advice.And YAY for you, for finally coming out; even if it was in a drug induced state, lol. Next stop, Parents... but in your own sweet time.

Thinking about it, it is kind of funny. I spoke to him again today and it was the same thing, I ended up making an excuse and blocking him on MSN and I'm not answering his calls anymore.

I'm just SO tired of being asked if I'm confused or I'm "giving up" because I'm unlucky with girls, ugh.

And yes, I'm happy~ it's just these irritating, repetitive conversations I can't take. =\

And hmm, I'll probably tell my dad after I graduate.

Sounds familiar, when I told a certain person, she told me that it was an idea that I found on the internet....

Good Luck.

Oh, I forgot to post here.

He came to my room last night and told me he was okay with it. Asked me how my charity stuff is going and then he said he's proud of me.... it was over so quickly, I'm still in awe.

I really didn't expect it to blow over this quickly. I'm so happy!

Wow, that's great!! Xyxthumbs Couldn't go much better than that.

That's fantastic news. Never forget that, at the end of the day, blood is thicker than water.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.