Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So I came out to my brother.....
DAMNIT! ugh it looks like I'm gonna have to rewrite my last post. No idea why it didn't post. FUCK

blackula88 Wrote:DAMNIT! ugh it looks like I'm gonna have to rewrite my last post. No idea why it didn't post. FUCK

I think it's posted now. Go back to page 1 and look at post 13. Save ya some typing!

Edward Wrote:I wish my brother was that accepting. Ever since I told my brother I'm gay I don't have brother anymore, just a stranger who doesn't even greet me when he happen to meet. You're lucky.

The awkward phase is normal. I felt awkward when coming out too.

Like Edward said, you are lucky as your bother was fine. My two brothers just completely stopped talking to me. Roughly 20 years with my big brother and 12 years with my younger brother.

Best wishes to your future.

firstly congrats - and I bet you feel a huge weight lifted just by telling your brother, secondly...your brother already new but was waiting...im sure your mother knows too and prob most people close have an idea - people are not as dumb as us gay people think they are lol ...good luck with your other coming out moments

Camfer Wrote:I think it's posted now. Go back to page 1 and look at post 13. Save ya some typing!
Yay it did post! Thanks for letting me know.

So I finally told my 2 best friends today and they were shocked.... but are 100% supportive. One of them even randomly showed up at my job to give me a big hug and said that we will always be brothers and he will always support me. I couldn't help but tear up again.. fuck lol. Wow I really lucked out with some awesome people in my life.. and now I'm really upset that I didn't do this sooner. Thanks everyone again for all the advice. Now all I have left is my parents. I'm not really worried about my dad.. just my mom. I hoping to tell her by the end of the month.

I posted this 2 days ago and it just posted now.. Jeez

blackula88 Wrote:So I finally told my 2 best friends today and they were shocked.... but are 100% supportive. One of them even randomly showed up at my job to give me a big hug and said that we will always be brothers and he will always support me. I couldn't help but tear up again.. fuck lol. Wow I really lucked out with some awesome people in my life.. and now I'm really upset that I didn't do this sooner. Thanks everyone again for all the advice. Now all I have left is my parents. I'm not really worried about my dad.. just my mom. I hoping to tell her by the end of the month.

Happy it's all going well for you Blackula Smile. I have regrets I didn't do it sooner but hindsight is a wonderful thing, you did it when you were ready so don't dwell too much on that. Glad you've got that support from your friends Smile

Edward Wrote:Every country has haters. No place is totally liberal unfortunately.

We had really good relationships before, he was my favorite brother, a role model for me. He has everything one could wish for - successful career, family, children, I don't know why he has to hate. But actually the time when I was worried about his opinion has passed. He wants to alienate himself from me, that's his choice, I can't force him to accept me and luckily, he's not my only sibling.
Edward..
His day will come when he is cornered by this very same issue...
I can bet my last dollar on it..
My eldest brother was the same..
Got married and his 2nd son is gay..
The way the universe works ...
Wow!!

Anyway...
You have us .. :-)

*Edward reaches for the block button*