Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So I did it!!!
My friend's mom kind of did that as well. She said that she wanted them to go to therapy. It hasn't happened yet and I'm starting to think (and hope) it doesn't because that won't change anything..

But congratulations! Smile

Supportive parents and supportive friends are the most important. It's also nice to know that mentalities have changed so radically since the 1960s... Coming out was almost impossible then. And yet, coming out is still a hurdle to negotiate for most gays, who've been conditioned into thinking that they are not quite normal.

It's great that coming out to your mum was a good experience for you. I know, mums worry about us getting AIDS, and maybe they are right to warn us that it's still out there and remind us that it's worth taking precautions so they won't have to see us die.

Onurelt Wrote:When I told my mum she thought i have phsygological problems and she told me to go to a therapist. Until then we havent talk about that and she pretend like i havent told her such a thing before but its okay i feel my self better anyway. She is not a bad person she is just doesnt understand.

It is normal for a parent to be surprised and uncomfortable with a situation like this. She probably needs to do a little bit of soul searching and a little bit of homework on what it means to have a gay son. With time, hopefully, she'll begin to accept it. You have to reassure her that there is nothing wrong with you, that you can live a healthy life and have a partner, maybe.

Some mums are in denial. I wonder if there is a "parents of gay children" organisation in your country (PFLAG, for example)? She might benefit from being able to discuss matters with other parents in her situation. You also need to find a doctor who will be able to tell her that there's nothing wrong with you. Good luck.

Congrats sweetie ,so proud of you.
Bighug

MexicanwaveMexicanwaveMexicanwave

The risk you took payed off..the courage you mustered payed off..

always always nice to hear when it all goes well..

Confusedmile:

hah thats so exciting,
im so happy for you :]
Confusedmile:

That's great about your dad. I'm so glad things worked out the way they did!

:-D

Thanks!! I couldn't have done it without the support on here!!! Seriously if you told me even 6 months ago where I'd be today I would have laughed in your face and told you to stop lying!! So I owe it all to you guys!!! Smile Smile

Ok so another quick update that I came out to 2 of my freinds who I knew would be ok about it today Smile it all went very well and had a nice deep chat!! So I've got people who I can now speak to about stuff!! Smile

Ok so another update I'm now out to almost all my freinds, just the straight guy freinds left to go Big Grin so far everyone has been mega supportive and told me if anyone gives me s**t they will protect me!! Was the exact opposite to how I thought this would all go down so I feel great!!! Also told my best freind from school (he gay and were not as close as before) took me ages to convince him I wasn't joking but he was cool with it tho disappointed he wasn't the only gay in our year group.. Or that I didn't tell him back then.