Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So I kinda made this speech...
I made this speech about GLBT to try to convince 'homophobes' that being gay isn't a horrible thing, but quite the contrary... Let me know how you guys like it and please feel free to give me advice to change it up a bit...

Here it is:
"Living in the LGBT World

We live in a world full of hate, criticism, and judgmental people. Being gay isn't just about liking the same sex. Oh no, It's a whole different world that straight people cannot see. It's like a 4th dimension living in a 3 dimensional world. It is a world where there is a lot less hate, for being yourself and not getting judged. Being gay isn't just about having sexual desires toward the same sex, either. It is about loving people for who they are not what they look like on the outside or liking/disliking a certain thing you like/dislike. The quote is VERY true when they say "Their world is black and white but our world is a spectrum." Because it is a spectrum. Living in such a black and white world 24/7 is so boring... and disgusting. Imagine, you have to watch everything you say because one little "homosexual remark" you have to say "no homo" like wtf? If your friends know you're straight then why let them know that you aren't meaning it in a homosexual way? They should know! Another thing you could imagine is also girls, you have to sit a certain way, look "sexy" everyday so the guys could hurt you with harsh remarks by saying "Damn girl I'd hit that any day of the week" just to make you feel better about yourself, put your make up on looking like a slut, to make yourself feel beautiful, have to walk a certain way or put down the "ugly girls" because you are so prettier than her. Well truth is, if you just walk up to the "ugly girl" and have a chat with her, you will understand that she is more beautiful than you. Living in a spectrum, it's so... amazing to be honest. You have other people you know living in this spectrum and you feel like you could be yourself, and not have to worry what you say or what you do, you just live life to the fullest! And when people say that it's wrong for us to be like this, why? Why is it wrong to love? So people would rather us hate than love? Love = Love, Love = hope, hope that the world can get better when it comes to peace.... When people tell me, "You chose to be this way!" Um no I did not choose to be this way. You think I want to live a life getting discriminated against? To get hated on everyday for liking the same sex? Yeah, that makes sense. Then I reply, "Ok, so why don't you CHOOSE to be gay for a day and get discriminated against? Yeah, you CHOSE to be straight, that's wrong, you should be gay, how could you?!" See how wrong that sounds? Telling a straight guy to be gay? Even for me that is a big no no. NOW imagine someone telling me to be straight...but that doesn't sound so bad. Because being straight is the "correct" orientation to be in a world. Just like this is a right handed world. And forcing the person to write with their right instead of their natural left; Continuing on, they would reply by saying "No God made me this way!" And I just laugh. So, once again, you're saying I CHOSE to be gay? You're wrong. Like Lady Gaga said, I was BORN THIS WAY! God made me who I am. I think he is testing how the world uses peace. So far, the world is failing. The sinners are the one's who create violence. Violence is known as "fighting with a person who did not do anything to you." THOSE are the sinners. NOT us. NOT lesbians, gays, bisexuals, or transgendered. We want to live in a world of peace. But we cannot because we live in a world where nobody could be there selves and get judged by every single day. Well, I am going to be myself no matter what anyone says. Because I am who I am and nobody could change me. Nobody. And if anyone trys to stop me from being me, you are just down right dumb as hell. Like I said, love is love. And nobody can change that.

~Andrew

P.S., I am not trying to convince you to be gay, bisexual, lesbian, or transgendered. I am just trying to give you an idea on what we have to go through everyday. Whether it's our parents not accepting us for who we are, or just getting bullied. So don't look at this post as something bad... Look at it as if you were reading a book and trying to understand the meaning of it..."

What do you guys think? Yeah, I know it has flaws here and there... Which is why I want your guys's opinion... Thanks to everyone who took their time to read this post! I appreciate it... Wink

I just think many people have never heard all this stated unless they are gay.

-great in front of an audience. If reading break it up the text a little for appearance .
-people feel threatened by something different so explain how much the same it might be. Maybe you do that but they also tend to think its much larger than it really is; in fact the gay population is 3-8% of the population. We are not going to change anything.
-the straights feel the sanctity of marriage is threatened by the gay agenda. Well maybe they can speak up and tell us how personally their marriage is threatened? They are not threatened as a couple and so they should not diminish a gay relationship.
-The gay agenda dosn't threaten procreation; we are doing well enough with 7 billion people already here and needing the basic essentials.

if you gave the speech already it feels odd to critique it now.

Paragraphs are our friends. They make reading easier.

Every argument you put forth they have another answer for, and its all circular, or quickly degrades to discussions of anal sex and prolapse. OR they settle up the score and say 'God Says its a Sin!'

You can't win this argument.

You are, by all means, welcome to try. However you will find that it can't be won.

I think in all of my years I have only successfully converted 6 people (maybe 8 if I think hard enough) to just consider the alternatives. The other thousands I argued with didn't budge.

Hmm,

I don't want to sound harsh, but I may. Oh, more likely I will. So you may want to stop reading right here.

Who will you talk to? Your friends, people you don't know? Because honestly, so far I am in the middle of your speech and I already don't like you :biggrin:

Whose world is black and white and whose is a spectrum? Is it straight world vs. gay world?

You address the audience "you." That means each and every person in that room. And you simply blame them for a lot of things.

Quote:We live in a world full of hate, criticism, and judgmental people.
I would be careful, because your speech is very judgmental.
Quote:Being gay isn't just about liking the same sex. Oh no, It's a whole different world that straight people cannot see. It's like a 4th dimension living in a 3 dimensional world. It is a world where there is a lot less hate, for being yourself and not getting judged.

So, basically you tell those people: your world is not as good as mine. You want them on your side, start with something positive. Your good world is positive for you, they may feel offended that you judge their happy world. Try to find something the straight people can relate to and understand. Something that both worlds have common. Relationship, love, care for their family, fear for their loved ones being hurt. You may want to tell them what gay people feel when their loved ones are in hospital and their family has almost no rights. Aim for the situations and feelings they can relate to.
I would try to show that both world are equal, not very different.

Quote:Being gay isn't just about having sexual desires toward the same sex, either. It is about loving people for who they are not what they look like on the outside or liking/disliking a certain thing you like/dislike. The quote is VERY true when they say "Their world is black and white but our world is a spectrum."

Again, you are saying my world is better.

Quote:Because it is a spectrum. Living in such a black and white world 24/7 is so boring... and disgusting. Imagine, you have to watch everything you say because one little "homosexual remark" you have to say "no homo" like wtf? If your friends know you're straight then why let them know that you aren't meaning it in a homosexual way? They should know!

So, living in straight world is disgusting? Mind you, those people won't have time to think. You will keep talking. But "disgusting" will definitely grab their attention.

Quote:Another thing you could imagine is also girls, you have to sit a certain way, look "sexy" everyday so the guys could hurt you with harsh remarks by saying "Damn girl I'd hit that any day of the week" just to make you feel better about yourself, put your make up on looking like a slut, to make yourself feel beautiful, have to walk a certain way or put down the "ugly girls" because you are so prettier than her.

If this is not a dialog and you will talk and they listen, and they won't have enough time to proceed what you meant, many people will think: so, he says that every girl that wears makeup is a slut?

Quote:Well truth is, if you just walk up to the "ugly girl" and have a chat with her, you will understand that she is more beautiful than you.

"You" is everybody in the audience. That's how people will feel. You are making enemies from them.

Quote:Living in a spectrum, it's so... amazing to be honest. You have other people you know living in this spectrum and you feel like you could be yourself, and not have to worry what you say or what you do, you just live life to the fullest!

Again, "mine world is better than yours." The problem is, even if they accept it... what should they do?

Quote:And when people say that it's wrong for us to be like this, why? Why is it wrong to love? So people would rather us hate than love? Love = Love, Love = hope, hope that the world can get better when it comes to peace.... When people tell me, "You chose to be this way!" Um no I did not choose to be this way. You think I want to live a life getting discriminated against? To get hated on everyday for liking the same sex? Yeah, that makes sense. Then I reply, "Ok, so why don't you CHOOSE to be gay for a day and get discriminated against? Yeah, you CHOSE to be straight, that's wrong, you should be gay, how could you?!" See how wrong that sounds? Telling a straight guy to be gay? Even for me that is a big no no. NOW imagine someone telling me to be straight...but that doesn't sound so bad. Because being straight is the "correct" orientation to be in a world. Just like this is a right handed world. And forcing the person to write with their right instead of their natural left; Continuing on, they would reply by saying "No God made me this way!" And I just laugh. So, once again, you're saying I CHOSE to be gay? You're wrong. Like Lady Gaga said, I was BORN THIS WAY! God made me who I am. I think he is testing how the world uses peace. So far, the world is failing. The sinners are the one's who create violence. Violence is known as "fighting with a person who did not do anything to you." THOSE are the sinners. NOT us. NOT lesbians, gays, bisexuals, or transgendered. We want to live in a world of peace. But we cannot because we live in a world where nobody could be there selves and get judged by every single day. Well, I am going to be myself no matter what anyone says. Because I am who I am and nobody could change me. Nobody. And if anyone trys to stop me from being me, you are just down right dumb as hell. Like I said, love is love. And nobody can change that.

uh... you simply declare war on them :biggrin:

I say again, I don't know who your audience will be. Teenagers? Adult? Will they sit there and listen voluntarily? Or will they be biased from the beginning?
The speech seems to be good. For gay audience Smile I am not sure how straight audience will take it though.