Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So I'm not adapting the best to being a grown up
Thanks for all your help so far ^_^ Smile

I wish I had access to folks like the ones here when I was 20. I did okay from a life-planning and career perspective (I took a job opportunity at 19 which meant finishing my undergraduate degree part-time. Parents were concerned I would never finish, but I did, employer paid for it and my grad degree too, and I'll be with them 25 years next summer) but had so much anxiety around socializing and meeting guys that I didn't really enjoy that time of my life like I could have.

I'm still at 45 all about meeting new people and developing new interests some of which might be "a little young" for me but I am a lot less concerned about what others think than I used to be.

I was in Kilkenny earlier this year, beautiful area. Are you Irish attending school in Germany or the other way round?

Hey [MENTION=22160]MrGP[/MENTION]

Just to echo what the others have said already. Rejoice that you are mature and that you are thinking ahead. That's the best way to approach life. No one wants to leave school and not know what they are doing. Plan the things that you are able to as there are plenty of things that you have absolutely no control over and those are often the things people worry about the most: such as relationships and job security. At the end of the day you are still in school at the moment and working towards a job, which is awesome. :-)

However, don't let your youth slip you by too. I talk from personal experience having had to grow up quickly and missed out on some of the fun in life. Just playing catch up at the moment, well within reason.

I wish you all the best and do keep posting so we can get to know you better. And there's loads of wisdom from the guys here. I wished that i discovered this sooner....although not sure it it was around when I was a kid.

CK

there is no rule book on getting older so you told have to turn into a grumpy old man because your 20 , still enjoy yourself and when more adult themes pop up then deal with them on a one time basis, don't stress everything that's coming like mortgages and work hassles - even at my age I still ride mountain bikes for fun and go to festival just like I did in my teens...you don't have to give up anything to became grown up lol

I'm only a little older than you and remember feeling the same way (heck I still do) not too long ago. The best thing about your age is that you have time on your side. This doesn't mean to take time for granted, as Father Time doesn't let up for anyone. It just means that you have the opportunity to finish your studies and take your time to explore your interests. I wake up every day looking forward to the challenges and opportunities, knowing that they will be there if I take the initiative. The fact that you're thinking about all of this shows that you're maturing and have the right frame of mind. Be proactive and don't look back. Go get 'em, tiger.

We're all faking it. The earlier you realize that, the better things get. Smile

Lex