Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So I went to Burger King last night and apparently ordered some food poisoning...
I loves me some Burger King, especially now that they got turkey burgers.

But like all fast food places, you have to pay attention to whats going around in the place.
Do the employees look clean?
Are employees uniforms clean?
Are floors dirty, sticky, oily?
Is there a lot of food, packaging, dirty rags just sitting around on counters?
Is the food being prepared by people wearing clean pairs of plastic gloves?
How long was the meat cooked?
Was the cold items stored in a cold pan/box/fridge?

The three things that will go bad REAL FAST in fast food places:
Mayonnaise
Cheese
Meat not cooked properly

I would fill out a customer complaint form on the Burger King website.
At least corporate should be aware of possible contamination of food there.

I have worked in enough fast food places in my life, I can tell if ones clean or not just by walking through the front door.

I have never had a problem with any Burger King I have gone too, luckily. Well, not a cleanliness problem anyway.

My system cannot tolerate warm or hot mayo on anything. And besides, I think its gross on burgers.
If I get mayo on a burger, I will get cramps, get nautious, and feel like death warmed over.
I always order my burgers with mustard and ketchup, no lettuce, and tons of pickles.

You might think ketchup would go bad if kept warm, but there is vinegar in ketchup, and it keeps it from turning bad too quickly.

FYI - it is better to order your burger with NO condiments on it, and then get the little packets of condiments and put them on yourself.

When you take a bite of your burger, look at the meat. Is it still a bit pink? Is it warm or hot? It should be hot. Does it smell a little "off"? If yes to any of these, take it back and get a new one, tell them to make sure it is cooked all the way through, or at least until its hot.

Fast food burger meat is not like meat burgers you get at high end restaurants. You cannot eat a fast food burger warm or with any pink in it.

When eating out....STOP, LOOK, SMELL, TASTE the food before shoveling it down your throat.

You dont try on clothes before buying.
You dont buy a car before test driving.

So why eat fast food without testing it before you eat it?

we went through the drive through so its hard to answer most of those questions I guess cause we didnt go inside. Im also in the passenger seat so I dont really even see the person that took our order/gave us the food.

I usually notice if the food was undercooked and what not. This burger wasnt. Maybe it was the cheese though. Like I said it didnt taste off at all. Tasted like all the other burgers Ive ate there.

McDonalds, Burger King, and Kentucky Fried Chicken are, in my opiniom responsible for the death of the American Kitchen.

Richard

My experience hasn't been that bad...though I recall trying to talk some kids into going to Denny's a few blocks down (but also out of the way) instead of BK but it was right there so I shrugged and ate there...occurred to me later how little I think of it if I suggest going what was probably another mile (say about 1.5 km for those using the metric system) one way (and then we'd have to return) to a friggin' Denny's. Rofl

But I do recall a very bad impression BK accidentally made with me (and I'm not certain why others didn't react the same way). BK advertised Shrek eating & enjoying BK food and after I saw the movie every time I saw that advertisement I remembered the scene where Shrek got his meal by killing fish with farts and then putting them straight into his mouth with happy contentment...which made me think that AT BEST he wasn't very picky when eating BK food, and at worst that BK food was equal to raw fish killed by ogre farts (so I think I'll pass). Rolleyes

If BK knew how to this day I associate their food with dead fish killed by farts (especially if I wasn't the only one inspired by that ad to think that way) they just might sue the ad agency that made that! Roflmao

ardus Wrote:McDonalds, Burger King, and Kentucky Fried Chicken are, in my opiniom responsible for the death of the American Kitchen.

Richard

theyre more of a byproduct of the market honestly. Technology is far more to blame than any one or two companies. We live in a got to have it RIGHT now technology. we have instant messages instant coffee instant abortions even. No one can wait for anything. So what would you expect a capitalistic society to do in an environment like that? Make people's food instant!

Used to people had to go out and work in the fields all day to grow and nurture the food that they had to eat. While other people had to stay at the house to prepare the food that was grown. There was no technology to do it for them. They couldnt just pop down to the local grocery store and a whole plethora of semi fresh fruits and vegetables were there for them to have their pick even if they werent in season. People dont know and really dont care where their food comes from now a days. At least back then people had some idea and appreciation for how much hard work it takes to make the food that we eat.

Yeah fast food is just a byproduct of what we as a society have developed into. Im not saying all things were all better back then. Alot of conveniences we enjoy today have been brought on by technology.(the computers we are typing on right now) Im just fearful for our future generations and how they will become more and more ignorant of the past.

Having read these posts I just thank heavens that I am vegetarian!
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

that happened to me once with pizza hut.
That's when I started cooking for myself when I'm home alone.

LONDONER Wrote:Having read these posts I just than heavens that I am vegetarian!

[Image: hE9019049]

It's probably food poisoning. Granted, fast food isn't very healthy -- you know, full of grease, fat, etc etc.. but that type of reaction (if it isn't usual for you) tells that there was probably something wrong with the food.

I've had food poisoning before, from a fairly expensive restaurant, so it can happen anywhere..

LONDONER Wrote:Having read these posts I just than heavens that I am vegetarian!

Vegetarians can get food poisoning just as easily, if the food isn't stored or prepared correctly.

^agreed^ Some of the worst most recent outbreaks of food poisoning in the US have been vegetables: salad mixes, spinach, and sprouts.

Personally there is nothing, NOTHING! you could do to get me to eat at a McD's, BK, Taco Hell, etc. These places pay minimum wage to workers who don't give a damn about hygiene. The ingredients are trash. They buy the cheapest products in order to make the highest profits.

I grow as much produce as I can, thoroughly wash the rest, and keep a clean kitchen. My son (15) has never stepped foot inside a McD's and he is proud of that. He is focused on his health and he knows fast food has NO place in his diet.

If you live in a "food desert" I feel sorry for you. Get some containers and grow kale and chard at least. Learn how to prepare simple healthy meals. Leave the fast food empires to fester in their own rancid grease.