Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So Im from the southern US...
partisan Wrote:Hi there person with another awkward name to spell, (so im not going to bother!) Big Grin , i think you’ll find most people are aware (at least loosely) of the history of the north and south American divide, and the civil war, which effects were felt throughout the world. It wasn't just that white people felt better though was it, it was slavery, bit of a simple explanation you gave, and im sure were all aware its moved on since then. Good for you for being honest what you told us, ive personally heard the N word many times, and the p word, ive known the "mild" racism you mentioned, and the more virullent kind, its quite self-serving, stems from some kind of love of country, patriatism, which is the last virtue of the wicked, i never understood that oscar wilde quote for a while, i thought it meant patriatism was a bad virtue, but then i realised it meant when a wicked person has lost all virtues, the one remaining virtue is patriatism, and then i loved that quote, its so true.

You can call me KK for short if you like.

QueenOdi Wrote:Gurl please, it is 2013, and ain't no black person raised in the modern century worried about any of the N words lol.

Being black(half technically...sigh), I don't find the word even remotely offensive, even though the more accurate term for me is Mulatto, rather than Negro, and even still, word's in general just don't bother me. (being a "hybrid", I tend not to really see myself as either, but both and neither at the same time. Which is why I say "them" when speaking about black or white people :/ - quick note)

Neither does it for black people in general(full or otherwise) and is actually considered a word of somewhat morbid endearment, as it was a word to denote them as a whole, but have now taken the word and made it theirs, like how gay people have taken Homo,Queer and other such previously derogatory words as their own.

True, some black people are still sensitive to it, especially coming from a white person, but they were probably raised by their parent's who still hold a grudge and/or just don't want another race using their word, because it'll no longer be theirs. And this has happened with many things that were atypical of black culture; Rap Music, Braids, Eubonics and other things white people now partake in that was "black only" stuff.

And I'm not saying go to the next black person and be like, "so wassup my nigga?" , cause even if they don't mind it, the fact you don't know them and they don't know the real intent behind you using the word can lead to you going black and coming back blue :/. But just don't be so awkward around them, because they're not slaves, just regular people :p

As for attraction, I personally find black skin to be extremely beautiful, but probably because I was raised around black people primarily, so it's normal to me. But you musn't let stereotypes and what not imfluence or inhibit what you may or may not be attracted to or could be attracted to.

I used to think white skin was very...bland? Even though I'm fair skinned(but exotic Rofl ), but it never has stopped me from crushing on white guys, infact, nor for any other reason for that matter.

Sis, it seems you need a black friend. Hi, my name is QueenOdi and once you go black, you don't eva wanna go back! So come on jack, bring a backpack and a snack. Big Grin

haha you are awesome! Thanks for the words of encouragement.

The strange thing is, Ive always looked up to some famous black woman as role models as such that they overcame so much to be where they are. Tina Turner, Gladys Knight, Dorothy Dandrige, Ella Fitzgerald; the list goes on and on.(mostly in music) Even in modern times I love the show Glee and my favorite character on the show is Mercedes. I guess its a stereotype itself(I know not all big beautiful black woman are that sassy or upfront) but I love the confidence she portrays on the show. She doesnt back down from anyone even if it means losing out on something that she really wants. Plus it doesnt hurt that she sings like all the above mentioned people put together. Big Grin Maybe its just black men I have an "issue" with for lack of a better term. Hopefully you get what I mean Big Grin

MisterTinkles Wrote:You GO gurlfriend!!

NeNe LEAKS!. OH I LOVE HER! If I were straight I would so try to hit that =\