Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A sad romance
How long has it been? Almost a year? Give or take a few weeks, yes.

I remember the time before you, it was a golden time. You were subtle, I didn't know, thus how could I try and stop you? The world moved on, so fast, instilling your pressence on me. But ever so slowly I noticed you, my losing to your influence. I awake by your shadow, I awake in the night to a pain that ripples through my frame. When my world felt like breaking, and it felt like there was no one else, you were there. Silent in the darkness, awaiting my return, because we'll be together in the dark. Our love has left me scars, but leaves me craving it. You're always there, you're the only one that hasn't left me, cause we need each other in the dark. You're there in the crowded empty spaces, staring into the emptiness in my eyes. Beckoning me forth, knowing I'll come, because I am weak and cannot say no to you. I look up to the moon, I want you to take me there, where we can be alone, I won't have to feel their eyes always on me, I won't have to hear their voices clawing at me for a response. A response I cannot muster. You and I will be there, in the dark.

Love it.
SadSilence, one day your boyfriend and lover will cherish your letters and love notes.
If any straight girl gets to read them by accident, her straight bf will be in big trouble :biggrin: You are special, young man, don't let anyone tell you different!

I like that it can be read from so many points of view. I've read it several times and it always had a new meaning.
It can be even read as a happy poem you know?
Just as your days can be viewed differently and from many points of view.

Believe me, SadSilence, straight people have problems that are not different from your own.
I understand the sound that just escaped your lips, but it's true. The people around stare at them becaus of a different reason then they stare at you, but you know what? It doesn't matter. For the target of other people curiosity or hate, it doesn't matter what the reason behind it is. It hurts the same.

They can stare at girl, because she doesn't like to wear dress, because her parents are "weird," because she likes to hang out with bunch of boys and doesn't play by girls rules, at a boy because someone said I don't like him, let's ignore him, he is not one of us, at whoever because she/he plays piano and cool people don't do that, cool people don't live in a poor part of the city, cool people are not rich, you name it.

If you were straight, they could easily pick you as target because you write with a green pen and all normal people use blue. The leader of the class would easily hate you because his gf liked you.
You can't win, if you envy other people and don't look at yourself as a beautiful human being that you are Bighug

You are a great man SadSilence and my day is always brighter when you come to the forum. I bet you make several people around you happy everyday and you even don't know it. Let them in and let them make you a bit happier too Bighug

SadSilence Wrote:... Beckoning me forth, knowing I'll come, because I am weak and cannot say no to you ...

a lot of times in relationships its a strength to not say no. you know you have to over come your feelings for the better good.

Too many commas, not enough paragraph breaks and I think a semicolon or two could be used over the use of comma.

http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/607/04/ might make an impression on you and might cause you to rethink your writing style a little.

For the record I over use commas myself. :tongue:

As I said in another post, you do have a style of writing that strongly hint's at a poet's heart. I wager you can develop it and actually publish at sometime in future. You appear to be naturally 'flowery' in your writing style. You have an understanding of words that most people do not possess, thus you have a natural talent here that I believe should be developed further.

Some of the greatest artists throughout the whole of history had an internal struggle. Not just authors and poets, musicians, painters, sculptors even dancers. Pain of some sort is usually the underlying basic emotion. Van Gogh is one of the most well known examples, he cut off his own ear. Edgar Allan Poe is another, he basically wrote the book on what a horror story is. William Shakespeare was most likely manic depressive - what we now call bi-polar, thus his mad cap romp in summer-land (Midsummer's Night Dream) was as good as some of his darker tales of woe, murder and love unfulfilled.

http://www.depression-help-resource.com/...people.htm is a list of well known individuals who struggle(d) with depression. For the most part they took that energy and channeled it into their work thus became well known.

I do not view the content of your prose as being up to debate. It is a reflection of you and how you perceive the world and situations. As such, each word is valid and 'truthful' - since it is how you understand the world.

Two thumbs up Xyxthumbs Xyxthumbs

Well done . Biggthumpup

My friend, I hope I am not reading more into your post than the others, but I don't believe you are talking about a person, I do believe you have the will to do whatever you want, I go in peace, Jim
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

Quote:but I don't believe you are talking about a person

No Jim, I'm not talking about a person but an emotion. This was me trying to get my relationship with depression into words.

Very beautiful Smile

SadSilence Wrote:No Jim, I'm not talking about a person but an emotion. This was me trying to get my relationship with depression into words.

Yes, you were, it showed, and you did it beautifully.

You managed to put into words how nice and satisfying this relationship can be. And also how scary and full of doubts it is.

When you are madly in love with someone, your thoughts and feelings can easily be very similar.
But, as pellaz said, sometimes in a relationship you need to say no. To say something like Don't go into my personal space, I need time to think it through on my own, I want to at least try to do it and not be guided by you all the time.

I hope to read about your relationship again soon. Your "friend" behaves differently than mine had Confusedmile:

I bet a lot of nice things will happen around you today. Try to notice at least one. Bighug

Miss you... I hope you are doing well