Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So cold
Now that's cold Rofl

[Image: 560066_10151887501547747_393505313_n_zpsc8bdb95a.jpg]

Well, for once.........in about 50 years............the weathermen predicted a LONG and COLD winter, and thats exactly what we have.

I am SO OVER this cold crap already!!!!!

Since El Nino, the weather over the USA has been SO screwed up! Used to be, in Texas, you could literally set your watch and calendar by the time and day the seasons would change, when it would rain, and when it would be cold.

Now, since El Nino, it's all screwed to hell!!!!

So far, this is how winter has been here in Texas........
Cold
Freezing
Windy
Freezing
Ice and snow for almost 3 weeks (which is extremely rare)
70 degree weather for two weeks
Windy
Cold
Cold
Freezing
Cold Rain
Windy
70 degree weather for three weeks
Freezing
20 degree weather this week

GAWD Im SO tired of it!!!

MisterTinkles Wrote:I am SO OVER this cold crap already!!!!!

wanna switch places?...say yes...

MisterTinkles Wrote:Since El Nino, the weather over the USA has been SO screwed up! Used to be, in Texas, you could literally set your watch and calendar by the time and day the seasons would change, when it would rain, and when it would be cold.

Now, since El Nino, it's all screwed to hell!!!!

well, first, it's El Niño (ñ should be read as gn....like lasagna)

and its a cyclic wheather abnormality, so I don't understand when you say "since"..

hasn't this happened before?...I'm oftly curious..

see, El Niño here means the warming of the usually cold Humboldt current and the subsequent dramatic increase in rainfall..

the opposite efect would be associated with droughts..

I assume that during El Niño it would be cooler but raininer in South East USA and México...

I know we have had droughts since 2009 (and California too, btw) so the extreme cold, I would blame it on La Niña (the opposite effect I was talking about)

southbiochem Wrote:wanna switch places?...say yes...

well, first, it's El Niño (ñ should be read as gn....like lasagna)

and its a cyclic wheather abnormality, so I don't understand when you say "since"..

hasn't this happened before?...I'm oftly curious..

see, El Niño here means the warming of the usually cold Humboldt current and the subsequent dramatic increase in rainfall..

the opposite efect would be associated with droughts..

I assume that during El Niño it would be cooler but raininer in South East USA and México...

I know we have had droughts since 2009 (and California too, btw) so the extreme cold, I would blame it on La Niña (the opposite effect I was talking about)

El Nino (how ever you spell it) was a humongous hurricane system that lasted almost a year. And it changed the weather patterns.

Pre El Nino, Texas had significantly standardized weather patterns for as far back as I can remember.....and I can remember back to when I was about 3 years old.

I say "since" because nothing since El Nino has been powerful enough to change weather patterns.....again.

Rain? Wind? Temperatures below 70? Sounds like a nightmare! Smile

But oh how I would just love to see a day where the thermometer shows a mark above -10… and less than 4 feet of snow on the ground… and perhaps maybe a day where the primary vehicle of choice is not a snowmobile… But that's what I get for being a Minnesotan. I know where I'm moving when I finish college!

But as a skier I can't really complain, can I?!

LOL

-Rearranges furnishing in igloo-

27 degrees here, though it is raining.

Warm rain mind Smile

ObW
Jakarta
X

14 degrees and snow here. Were the hell is spring .I miss warm weather....

Cheer up everyone.

From the 1st to the 2nd February we enter in to Imbolc, the end of winter and the rebirth of the god; winter's end (Northern Hemisphere).

It may seem to us that the Earth is dead, dormant but there is actually a hive of activity going on under the frost and ice. Indeed, frost and ice plays it's part in breaking up larger bits of old leaf and other organic substances ready to be broken down further by the action of insects and biodegration.

It wont be long now before the crocuses and in turn, the daffodils begin to appear again.

Have faith, the Spring will return as it always has and always shall.

Blessed be!

Yea im soo looking forward to summer haha Big Grin, swimming and tubeing and all the hikeing I can handle! Wink