Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So get this!
Last year, on our 11th anniversary weekend, we were supposed to go to Vermont, Mass. and RI together, along with a friend of ours, part of which was for a conference for our church.

That week, one of our cats, who had been in treatment for feline diabetes, got worse and my BF had to stay home with him. I really had to be at the conference and he insisted we go without him. The cat died that Saturday and we headed home as soon as the event was over so we would be together for our screwed-up anniversary.

Our anniversary is this coming Monday. We have reservations in the Hershey/Lancaster area of Pennsylvania. So guess where my BF is? At the vet with our other cat Sad She is VERY old and has not really been eating so he doesn't think she's going to be around for long.

He was very attached to the first cat. This one is not affectionate and we were basically stuck with her by my BF's former roommate. She got a little friendlier when the boy cat died, but we most identify with the cat that scratched and tried bite you if you went near her. Thus it will not be a big emotional loss like last time. But it just kicks me in the butt that they both "chose" our anniversary weekend.

ShiftyNJ Wrote:...But it just kicks me in the butt that they both "chose" our anniversary weekend.
As my old man used to say, "If'n it ain't one gawddamned thing 'tis a t'other."

ShiftyNJ Wrote:Last year, on our 11th anniversary weekend, we were supposed to go to Vermont, Mass. and RI together, along with a friend of ours, part of which was for a conference for our church.

That week, one of our cats, who had been in treatment for feline diabetes, got worse and my BF had to stay home with him. I really had to be at the conference and he insisted we go without him. The cat died that Saturday and we headed home as soon as the event was over so we would be together for our screwed-up anniversary.

Our anniversary is this coming Monday. We have reservations in the Hershey/Lancaster area of Pennsylvania. So guess where my BF is? At the vet with our other cat Sad She is VERY old and has not really been eating so he doesn't think she's going to be around for long.

He was very attached to the first cat. This one is not affectionate and we were basically stuck with her by my BF's former roommate. She got a little friendlier when the boy cat died, but we most identify with the cat that scratched and tried bite you if you went near her. Thus it will not be a big emotional loss like last time. But it just kicks me in the butt that they both "chose" our anniversary weekend.
It's definitely a conspiracy!
I do believe in a past life..
All cats were KGB...

This thread is evidence. .
My post will self destruct in 10 seconds.

Indeed she had to be put down. Internal organs were failing. She was 15-16 years old... we don't know. I feel vaguely bad that I don't feel worse about it, but she was not a very lovable animal.

On the plus side we're still going away. I will show you what I got for my BF's gift once he sees it.

"On the plus side we're still going away. I will show you what I got for my BF's gift once he sees it."

Are you sure you can post that on the internet without getting arrested?

Sorry about the cats. I'm really not so sure I could deal with pets, though I do like some of them. They really are a big responsibility.
I bid NO Trump!

The boy cat was his before we met. We were asked to watch the female for "a few months" not long afterwards. That was 12 years ago. She was not enamored of the other cat, or of us, like a badly-placed foster child who is not unaware of her situation.

I am not really a pet person either. I like other people's but I am too stressed and disorganized to be responsible for another living thing. I put pets in the same category as hot tubs, boats and children. I don't need my own, but It's nice knowing people who have them, and I'm glad to help out when I can.

Well, we went and had a great time. Lots of food, lots of touristy stuff, outdoor time, and beer. Hotel upgraded our room so that was a nice surprise. But everybody kept being thrown by two guys. "It has a king-bed, that's what you want?" Um, yea, it's what we sleep in at home. "Separate checks for you tonight?" Not unless you feel like running the same card twice, Bud. Nobody was rude about it but it was funny to be somewhere, not 200 miles from home, where people's assumptions are so transparent. I guess we're spoilt where we live.