Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So....incest
I know I'm probably opening up a big can of worms and I really don't mean to offend anyone, but this is something I'm really curious about. I know incest is really taboo, but what exactly is the big harm in it? If you've got a brother and a sister, two consenting adults who claim to be in love, what's stopping them from being together? I know the biggest problem is inbreeding, but not every couple needs to have children. And if they do want children they can do the same thing gay couples do, adopt or have a surrogate mother. Another argument is that no one is only attracted to one person, so why must they choose someone they're related to? There are plenty of other fish in the sea, so venture into new territories, not your close relative. But I also hear the same thing said to bisexuals. If they like both sexes, why would a bisexual get into a relationship with someone of the same sex? Why not go the more acceptable path that can lead to biological children? Most people will say because they follow their heart and if they meet someone of the same sex that makes them happy, then they go with it. Makes sense. But the same thing could be said for incest couples. They go with whoever makes them happiest and that could very well be a brother or sister.
I'm not trying to say "Oh, we need to start a movement to support incest!", I'm just really curious. Because I'm not seeing any big problems besides 1. It's really weird and 2. Inbreeding (which can be avoided). If there's some other logical reasoning why incest is bad that I'm just not seeing, please inform me. I just wanna know.

So you can avoid inbreeding so its ok ? Cause you have so little faith in natures indicator. Rob a house, dont get caught, its ok! Hmm

I personally feel its wrong. Your entitle to your opinion. But this argument that contraception is some kind of block out/eraser of what otherwise would be the outcome is pointless. It doesnt work.

If you fell out then you would loose a family member and a lover.

As long as there are no deformed children, I don't see incest as wrong. I just think that there are enough problems in world already. If two people really love each other, who cares about anything else.

I really don't understand why people or the legal system think they have the right to stand in the way of 2 consenting adults who fall in love with each other. It is plain bigotry to deny any adult couple the right to be together if they fall in love, nothing but bigotry.

If your mind is too small to accept that people of all shapes and sizes fall in love, then it is time you move to the corner and stand with all those homophobes, sexists, racists and religious zealots.

No ones standing in the way but people are allowed there opinion.

All people of shapes and sizes can fall in love?

Cos shape and size has anything to do with your brother, sister, mother or father ?

I can see this will be another thread of people suplorting incest. Nice.

And if we dont agree were a bigot lol

partis Wrote:So you can avoid inbreeding so its ok ? Cause you have so little faith in natures indicator. Rob a house, dont get caught, its ok! Hmm

I personally feel its wrong. Your entitle to your opinion. But this argument that contraception is some kind of block out/eraser of what otherwise would be the outcome is pointless. It doesnt work.

I'm just going by what I've heard and not by some kind of source here but isn't the big fear of gay sex without a condom HIV and AIDS? So likewise incest sex would fear inbreeding. These would be the big reasons to use condoms. So I feel like what you said would kind of apply both ways.

Thats bullshit.

Aids - inbreeding... similiar why in what way.

You are correct.

When you remove teh possibility of inbreeding, incest is not morally wrong. However, given the current legal and cultural climate, it's really not recommended, and is going to cause a lot of pain. Admittedly, cousins do get together more often then you might imagine.

partis Wrote:And if we dont agree were a bigot lol

Well, that is what you would call someone who Thinks 2 adult men that love each other is disgusting and shouldn't be allowed?

Another word that can be banded about is hypocricy Wink