Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So....incest
I'm personally not a fan of incest, though if I were asked to "back up my case" I'd probably have little to support my argument. It's simply a moral thing for me. I just feel that family should be family and that it's kind of a sacred thing (and I hate using that word). There are some lines that shouldn't be crossed, and incest is one of them, at least for me and my narrow minded view :p.

EWWWW

[Image: giphy.gif]

^ Don't be eww'in me sir Munky Butter

The problem with incest (without talking of genetic disorders generated) for me is the fact that whatever you say, in the family, there's often a hierarchy role (older brother for example). That's why I think it might not be very healthy. But in the few cases there's no hierarchy relationship, I don't see the problem while there's no child.

Tyrion Wrote:^ Don't be eww'in me sir Munky Butter

Was not "eeewwwwin" you specifically, just the posters thoughts of it.

I know I know. I just wanted an excuse to use the sassy monkey smiley. :p

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........
No. Just no.
How about we talk about something nicer like necrophilism

I see no logical reason to condemn people who may choose an incest relationship, as long as they dont bear children. That tends to lead to problems for the child and would be unfair to them.

If they are both consenting adults, then it should be fine.

A lot of ppl seem to think there's something inherently wrong with incest here, but the exact same arguments I've seen are exactly the same as arguments against the LGBT community. Switch the word incest with gay.

I haven't read any logical argument as to why its wrong;

"I wouldn't do it, therefore it is wrong"
"I find it weird, therefore it is wrong"
"I find the idea revolting, therefore it is wrong"

Notice how all the arguments hinge on personal feeling on the subject... And completely ignore the people who would actually engage in the incest. You can't say this isn't exactly the same as every argument against gay/lesbian people getting married, Trans being allowed to undergo a sex change, etc.

If they are two consenting adults, who by some happenstance fall in love, there really is no reason anyone can make to say that they should be forced to be apart. It doesn't matter if they're family, its just not something that happens alot.

I too find it weird, and not something I would ever consider, but denying others simply because of that is no better then homophobes who are doing it to people like us

Joshular Wrote:Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........
No. Just no.
How about we talk about something nicer like necrophilism

So about dem corpses?

Lol.

Tyrion Wrote:So about dem corpses?

Lol.

>.o I know right. I just love grave digging on a Monday night!