Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So this happened
Thanks Tinkles, for those words...

As for myself, I'm not stupid enough to think my mom doesn't know....26 years old and no girlfriend? Yeah...big shocker for her, I bet...

I'm still not brave enough to tell her..

That's why I will repeat my congratulations to Lilitu for being brave enough..

Lilitu: this will come with rewards...now you're free to live without fear...Confusedmile:

Well done, Lilitu! It may surprise you to see how your mother's attitude changes over time. From what you've said, I suspect she will love you and defend you against people (family included) who don't accept who you are.

My guess, if she hasn't thrown a fit and kicked you out by now, she never will! Have heart and keep your chin up. She loves you.

As for southbiochem, my own fears about never having a girlfriend make me wonder if my family are aware of my sexuality. However, I have ruined this myself by having a long-time "crush" on a female friend in high school. Something they were aware of. Also, being single, unmarried and having no girlfriend is also no indication as I have two uncles in that situation - and no they are not gay.

Not to mention the callous remarks my family continually make about homosexuals. Sad

It's like I feel the relaxation myself whenever someone comes out, over and over again c:

southbiochem Wrote:Thanks Tinkles, for those words...

As for myself, I'm not stupid enough to think my mom doesn't know....26 years old and no girlfriend? Yeah...big shocker for her, I bet...

I'm still not brave enough to tell her..

That's why I will repeat my congratulations to Lilitu for being brave enough..

Lilitu: this will come with rewards...now you're free to live without fear...Confusedmile:

Why should you even mention it to her? If she knows, she knows.

I was raised in "the south" of the USA. Not only "the south", but to red necked country people. Men are men, women are women, and THATS IT. Anything that contradicts that is "immoral, illegal, and an abomination".

But as I have stated in other posts, even though I was born into this type of family and these kinds of people, I was never treated any differently than anyone else. I was always me. They loved me for me just being me, not because I was "gay" or "straight".

Unbeknownst to me though, apparently my family was not so country bumpkin, as to NOT know what type of man I am. As I had an Uncle come to me in my late 40's and ask me "Everybody in the family always knew, but I just wanted to ask for my own sake....are you gay"? I said "yeah". That was that.

I had always been a hard worker, I never lied, cheated, or stole. Although I was a fuck up in other ways, it wasnt anything detrimental. Apparently everybody in my family "knew" about me and they didnt care.

So when I "preach" to people that "coming out of a closet" is just an old, ignorant, medieval term for something that really doesnt exist.....this is what I mean.

I also "preach" to just be you, be the best you that you can be, and be a decent human being. Nothing else matters in the terms of who or what you are.

I would think if you introduce your boyfriend or girlfriend to your parents, then I would expect that that is enough information for them to deduce who you are attracted too.
Nothing more be said.

People will love you for being a decent person. Not what "labels" you have attached to you in your lifetime. Anybody who puts conditions, restrictions, or labels on you in order to "love" or "like" you, then they are not worth your time.

[Image: 396120_Its_OK_to_Be_You.jpg]

xP