Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So what DOES happen when you drink Coke?
This should make you think again before you grab that next can;

http://www.scarymommy.com/articles/this-...xqQ7iABTBO
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Thanks, [MENTION=18457]LONDONER[/MENTION], even if I'm sure most people are aware of this, always good to know. Prefer a good cup of tea.

I remember watching a youtube video where they boiled coke and after the water evaporated out, there was an extremely thick sugary residue. That was enough to cut it for me. I still drink just not often.

[Image: syrup-coke_3218734c.jpg]

Thanks for sharing, Londoner.

CaptainAwesome Wrote:I remember watching a youtube video where they boiled coke and after the water evaporated out, there was an extremely thick sugary residue. That was enough to cut it for me. I still drink just not often.

Thanks for sharing, Londoner.

You mean this one?

Interesting but most of the harm seems to come from the massive sugar content.

So what about the sugar-free sodas?

BlessedwithBi Wrote:Interesting but most of the harm seems to come from the massive sugar content.

So what about the sugar-free sodas?

They contain artificial sweetners that in many respects are worse.

i drink that thing from waking up till going to sleep. have for the past 10 years. should probably cut back my consumption, but i'm not feeling any adverse effects yet. (instead i've increased my water intake).
''Do I look civilized to you?''

Does anyone think drinking soda sweetened with cane-sugar instead of refined or corn-syrup would make a difference. I ask cause Coke-cola recently released(in the U.S.) Coke-cola life, basically coke sweetened with cane sugar. I don't usually drink alot of soda at( more of a root-beer & ginger-ale guy) and when i do, it's usually diet, but since I'm actually a big fan of natural sweeteners like cane-sugar and agave-syrup, I been interested in trying the stuff and i just want so hear what your guys opinion on it is.

jaxc Wrote:Does anyone think drinking soda sweetened with cane-sugar instead of refined or corn-syrup would make a difference. I ask cause Coke-cola recently released(in the U.S.) Coke-cola life, basically coke sweetened with cane sugar. I don't usually drink alot of soda at( more of a root-beer & ginger-ale guy) and when i do, it's usually diet, but since I'm actually a big fan of natural sweeteners like cane-sugar and agave-syrup, I been interested in trying the stuff and i just want so hear what your guys opinion on it is.

Jaxc: If you eat a healthy, balanced diet, your food contains sufficient natural sugars for your body's needs. There is no need to overload it with anything further. Read what the Renegade Pharmacist has to say.

I've read, just recently, about a natural sugar that was much better for pre diabetics or diabetics. I can't remember the name of it, but when I set my eyes on the article again, I'll let you know what it is. Apparently it would be recommended to switch to that type of sweetener.