Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So what are some of the user controls here? Can you 'block' people?
Hey guys, putting this in the "introduce yourself" section because I think it relates to a lot of us just learning the ropes over here.

Just wondering what some of the user experience controls are here? For example, from time to time two people just aren't going to get along, but neither of them are really 'trolls' and neither deserves to be moderated or banned....still, both would benefit from one not seeing the other. Are there "block user" controls here? If so, how effective are they? On another site, there was the option to "block" or "ignore" someone, but it still allowed them to see you, post about you, and if someone else quoted them, you'd see all of that....so it was easily defeated. With the total lack of moderation or admin involvement over there, that meant for a lot of unpleasantness.

So, are there such user controls over here? Any other controls/features that you guys think make this a better experience than most other places on the 'net?? Smile

Getting ready for combat? heh heh

You can ignore someone - click their name and view their profile.. Then click user list and select ignore Smile
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

As for other controls I'm not sure really. Its hard to explain because to use its just standard things but to you it might be something you never had before.. If you do come across something don't hesitate in asking.
[/COLOR]

Will that person still be able to read your posts if you put him on ignore or does it go both ways?

Ammon Wrote:Will that person still be able to read your posts if you put him on ignore or does it go both ways?

They can read your posts but I believe you can't read theirs. Its pretty frustrating to be ignored haha.
[/COLOR]

Oh also once you reach 50 posts you can private message & use the chat box on the homepage
[/COLOR]

Lol, thanks for the help.

Marky, why is your name, as well as some others here, rainbowed?

Ugh I wanted to block yourname