Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So............what makes you, YOU????
I've been something of a mole for much of my life, especially late teens, early 20s, where I'd mix with various crowds & cliques and they'd all form an impression of me that would surprise them if they knew what else I did. At times I've ran into people who didn't recognize me at all because I was dressed completely different. And it wasn't being fake, it was just which side I was engaging in right then (like how some other people will have "office personality" and "party personality").

And then there are others who come up with some hilarious impressions about me, typically fundies bearing false witness though they're not the only ones. Though just as some fundies have believed I was trying to seduce others into literal devil worship I've met a few who assumed I was a fundie Christian myself for the strangest reasons (like a guy at a shooting range I used to go to assumed anybody who supported the 2A as I did was showing "fruit" that proved I was a Christian and warned me about lesbians, though I'm sure my Texas accent helped him form his view of me...once he said how lesbians should be shot and killed before they could rape me and turn me gay I didn't bother to correct his misconception of me Scared ).

Now as for some specific views, here are 4 off the top of my head:

BFF: from a very different background that is oddly similar, close to parallel.

Partner: versatile, intellectual yet trivial, lacking ambition but not lazy, random yet dependable.

Last partner (no longer part of my life): fun but fickle, easygoing but sometimes spineless (that is I didn't make drama about everything that upset or offended me like she did and would sometimes compromise or "work around" someone rather than confronting them), thinks too much so that it takes me too long to make up my mind about something, has a distressing tendency to see another persons POV that makes me somewhat disloyal, and focuses too much on intangibles instead of practicalities (despite that she was the one wasting our money on stuff I considered a waste). Since I refuse to even speak to her to this day she probably thinks I'm self-righteous who thinks myself perfect (in actuality I wish her well--once she reforms anyway, which I hope she does--but she can't understand how you can wish someone well but refuse to speak with them as she's all about acting on feelings rather than thinking things through).

Partner before that: admired me for not caring what my family thought (no going to church and pretending to be a Christian as she did until I gave her courage to do otherwise, for example) and resilient for shaking off life's stresses, and without even needing to drink (plus, I was known to have gone through the Pascha fasting the first time, something she'd never known an American to do on the first try, and I wasn't even a convert). Thought I was a bit of an American wimp ("Americans are whiners who cry on Oprah because someone stepped on their toes") for avoiding alcohol and eschewing tobacco, however. She also likes how I don't gloat (like when I was right about something being written in Russian when she made a big deal that it was actually Greek and she would know as she was raised Russian and can actually speak it, but I turned out to be right anyway). We remain friends to this day.

And besides those 4 the kids can be amusing on what impressions I think I make on them (both good and bad), but all I'll say is that it varies depending on their mood and how difficult they feel I'm making their life at the moment.

The cat probably sees me more as a food goddess who changes her litter regularly...she does like sleeping in my room (where I keep my computer so I can get on late at night to work on my fics and keep it in my own style) and is on my futon right now.

im faithful like a dog I guess . I wont give up on you no matter what

Spontaneous, hyper, always happy, nerdy, coffee/biscotti/science fiction addict, animal lover especially cats, and to one - snuggle buddy Smile

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:So what people will tell you about be is mostly wrong.
And yet, when I joined this corner of the WWW you helped me so much! Big Grin
With A long, thoughtful, brilliant reply that helped me SOO much and I have seen many of such quality from you!
I find it really difficult to think of you as a hard uncaring person! And if you ever come by North Carolina I will happily fix supper and invite you over Smile.

Maybe my gentleness...i rarely get angry. If i am, i always repress it

I rode a taxi with my friend i guess last saturday... It was traffic, so the cab driver told us to pay additional peso. My friend got angry with the driver and told him we will just hop off. I cant do those things even if im quite annoyed as well

Other than that....maybe the singing

Most of the persons I've meet thinks I look like a kind and gentle person, and that though I'm very shy, I'm a very likeable and respectable person whom always helps others, never takes short cuts through problem, never lie and always kind.

In reality, I'm a very reserved person whom has huge trust issues and like to help others, to see how far they are willing to go to pay back a favour. My philosophy "Do good deeds, and good deeds shall come for you".
Sometimes you need a bit of chaos in your life to be able to shrug off pitiful disdain about something meaningless.

MisterTinkles Wrote:Oh, come on now..........aside from your bitch of whore boss, you must have heard people at some point talk about you............what did they say?

What do your parents/family/friends say????

Parents say I'm a freak (not actually say it..but still)

Family looks at me in both awe for my academic achievements and fear cause I'm such a freak..

I don't have friends but what comes close to that has one opinion I am a freak and a work-o-holic

southbiochem Wrote:I don't have friends

how could you say such a thing! You got US!!!! Big Grin and some of US are a handful in and of ourselfs! Big Grin you got tons of friends even if they aren't next door! ^_^

SilverBullet Wrote:how could you say such a thing! You got US!!!! Big Grin and some of US are a handful in and of ourselfs! Big Grin you got tons of friends even if they aren't next door! ^_^

That's quite right...

still, 5 months of GS have not yet taken away years of being called a freak

It's definitely of help having all of you, of course

I guess people would say. I smile to much. But don't be fooled I just smile when I'm nervous which is 90 percent of the time.

I'm also really huggy. I love to hug. Which my family hates to hug. So have no idea where I get it.

My family basically think I am a loser.