Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Social Climber gay Guy
Dear friends since this is the confession room, i confess i am a social climbing gay guy.. wanting to be with socialites.. its frustrating and tiring but at the same time kind of fun. i do have really rich friends but i just end up being envy. Is anyone experiencing the same struggles in life?

One of my friends from high school was fortunate to have parents that were pretty damn well off. I wouldn't quite call them rich, but they were able to buy him these awesome cars when he was just 16. Not ferrari's or anything, but nice looking cars with decked out stereo systems, custom paint jobs, rims, TV's inside, that sort of thing. Now, thanks to them, he's already got a career set, bought a house, goes through cars of that fashion, buying them, decking them out, selling, moving on.

Am I jealous of him? Damn straight I am. But try not to let it block the friendship. I dunno about your friends, if they've earned their money or if it's handed to them, but either way...they either deserve it, or it's not their fault they're luckier than you or I.

Social Climbing is great as long as you can fit in, you know? Good luck climbing the mountain Smile

^ haha i know, i dont want to cure this desperation of mine, i want to build a life for myself and buy the boys and things that i like! i guess its kind of a driving force

my friends parents are rich and come to think of it i work and they dont so i guess i have my "own money"..

Well you may already have a head start then. But just remember, money doesn't buy love :o

But it can be useful to show people how much you care.

Generally it doesn't matter to me if any of my friends are rich or not. As long as they are not assholes, I'm alright with it. Plus, I think it's more satisfactory, if you earn the money to get things like that yourself. For me, making them would be cool.

Out of curiosity, what exactly do you have to do in this social climbing thingy? I've never heard of this term before until today that is.

I googled the term and found interesting stuff on it. But I would like to hear your side of story as you are experiencing it. Why do you want to be with and be a part of socialites?

I hope I'm not being disrespectful. I'm just curious as this is something new for me.

Jay Wrote:Out of curiosity, what exactly do you have to do in this social climbing thingy? I've never heard of this term before until today that is.

I googled the term and found interesting stuff on it. But I would like to hear your side of story as you are experiencing it. Why do you want to be with and be a part of socialites?

I hope I'm not being disrespectful. I'm just curious as this is something new for me.

social climbing for me is pretending to be rich and buying stuff you cant afford (like expensive clothes) just to show off and feel good around people Confusedmile: i am like that, and i hate and love it >____>

Hey, Gabbyboy. I have never really been a social climber, at least not in the traditional sense of the word. I really don't care how much money a person has. I am used to being around people with a lot of money and I am used to being around people with none. I have good friends who are millionaires and grew up in Beverly Hills and good friends who live in trailer houses. I guess I have always been more interested in collecting friends who were interesting to talk to. Indeed, in that way, I have been able to meet and even befriend some rather famous people (not celebrities but famous for their accomplishments in the arts, sciences, and/or politics).

When I think of a traditional social climber, I think of Debbie Reynolds in "The Unsinkable Molly Brown": Someone who is already rich (nouveau riche), but trying to find their way into rich society.

thank you for sharing your experiences. you know you guys are right. i do love to have lots of friends rich and poor. especially smart ones, people i can look up to.. Smile

Maybe it's a my British background but to my mind there is a big difference between social status and mere wealth.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.