Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Social phobias
Sil,

I don't know what kind of work you do, but employers sometimes sign up to an external counselling service. This is normally kept private and details of who uses these services are never divulged to the employer. Through my employer (in the days when I had a job) I found an excellent counsellor. Unfortunately, I could only use her for an allotted six sessions. However, through her I was put in touch with another counsellor who was just starting up his own list and we got on well enough for me to stay with him for a few years.

I've just done a quick trawl and Newcastle seems to have a lot of counsellors. Some are listed here
Counselling in Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE1 - NE99

If he puts in an appearance, Vigilias would be a very useful source of information on this subject.

Good luck.

I want to ask you Sil...do you know whether or not you are an empath because most empaths do not know it and/or have any understanding of it and agoraphobia is almost always a problem at some point ...I had the same thing once for a period of many years and a counselor did help me come to terms with it. My problem is that I am an empath and I freak out around certain people or situations...or at least I used to before I learned how to live with it. Sometimes still I have to go to this website where I can get advice from other empaths as I have the horrible 'gift" of taking on someone else's physical ailments and it is frightening.

You should check out what an empath is first and see if this applies to you...I sense it might so maybe this will help determine at least one way or the other.

Being an Empath - The Joys and Pitfalls of Being an Empath

What is an empath

eastofeden Wrote:Being an Empath - The Joys and Pitfalls of Being an Empath

What is an empath

@ eastofeden

this is very interesting ...... I will occupy myself with this topic, too