Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Beyonce vs Beck statistics for Kanye
"I woke up like this"

"drunk in loooooo ooo ovveeeeeeee "

yup... defenitly worth a grammy lol

Hardheaded1 Wrote:I wonder if Kanye is just being racist.

I'm not a fan of rap or hip-hop, so have no barometer for what's good or not, but I have heard resentment that some black artists resent white intrusion into their genre. This is a continuation of the same complaint that Elvis appropriated a black medium and simply sold it to white folks.

Or . . . maybe it's just another lame publicity stunt by an artist in an edgy genre who has no edge.

Good point, though it would've been a more appropriate reason if it was one of Beck's older albums that was up for a Grammy (he did rap a fair amount in some of those, and not half bad either). The one that just won is more of a singer-songwriter folky affair after the manner of the aforementioned Sea Change he did in 2002.

I'd say it's probably a case of the latter reason you mentioned.

It might be a distraction. The press has been after his wife Kim Kardashian for a comment on her step father's gender transition and has said she has nothing to say about it. A couple times after this Grammy incident, including the first time Kanye said something about Beck, Kanye jumped in to make his comments as the press was confronting Kardashian about Bruce Jenner.

reading all this Kayne West, Kim Kardashian, reminded me of a early evening two years ago in Nashville when I was out on the road. I think it was a Tuesday, but it was the day new broke about Whitney Houston death. I was in Trax, a gay bar having drink after a profitable day.

Some of the people at the bar were acting all upset about her death. They started talking about and wondering why the hell she married Bobby Brown of all the better men she could have had.

An older gay guy who'd been quiet, listening to it all spoke up.
"She picked him on purpose. He was the man who best fit her image of a perfect man -- a drugged up wife beating thug with a rap sheet."

When I see Kim Kardashian and think about all the better men she could have had besides Kanye I think the same thing about her. How long before she ends up taking a Whitney bath?

Yes, but the world lost talent when Whitney died.

Whitney and Kim are both female. The comparison almost ends there.