Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some help and advice please
Well a few weeks ago I made a compliant to my supervisor about another staff member who has been disrespecting our mental patients. Today that staff member came to my house. It got really heated, if It wasn't for my sister-n-law I would have done something stupid. My older brother told me to go inside and he talked with the guy. I came out a minute later and I saw something that gave me goose bumps. I saw my older brother giving an ice cold glare at the guy. He stared him down like that until he got back into his car. My brother said in a low tone, if he ever does something that stupid again he is coming for him. I was just like wow. It feels good when he does things like that. Than he gave me his shotgun and said you can't go out for a couple of weeks, in a submissive voice I just said yea, sure. He is very cautious because we both work a lot and what if that guy comes back at night and no one is around to do anything about it. But I feel like I'm causing so much bull crap to my family. What if something does happen, than it will be all my fault. Over the years I've always been bailed out by my family and i don't won't them to go through that. But if I didn't complain about this guy and how he was treating the mental patients, nothing would have been done and there wouldn't be any bull crap for my family to deal with. I almost regret complaining to save me from this drama. Now I'm worried that he'll come back late at night with some friends and do something. Please be real with me and tell me something I should do. Try putting yourselves in my shoes. Its just so stressful to me, causing all this drama for my family.

Did he get fired or why is he suddenly doing this? How does he know that you're the one who complained? In what manner did he show up at your house? If you fear for your life you should call the cops.

You make a police report. That's about all you can do, but it is worth doing. You also contact your supervisors at work and tell them about this. This is NOT ok.

As for anything being "all your fault," don't be ridiculous. People are responsible for THEIR OWN behaviors. If anyone does anything to you or your family -- it is THEIR responsibility, not yours.

I do understand your concern. It is scary. But in future, when something like this happens, politely tell them to leave and get off your property. If they do not, whip out your cell phone, dial 911 or the police, and don't be afraid to take pix or record whatever is going on. Just calling the police usually puts people like this off.

Him coming to your house and confronting you like that off hours it totally inappropriate.

For this very reason there are very few people at work whom I allow to know where I live.

I'm going to assume that working with mentally challenged patients, your work place is evolved enough to have some kind of protocol in the HR dept. to deal with these types of actions. You should take it up with them... this IS a form of harassment... and next time, don't deal with it yourself. Call the police.

In addition to everything above...
Keep an eye out for a different job.

Your job was sloppy in terminating this gentleman...
You were right in what you did...

Get law enforcement involved... They need to put a little heat on your place of employment. And this crazy guy.

How does he know where you live?

How did he know you made the complaint.?

Be careful with that gun..
Not a fan of guns of any kind...

Shot gun
Hand gun
BB gun
.....gun-orrhea

Be careful.

It's time to make a police report and possibly (if they decide you have enough to substantiate it) file for a restraining order.

I do want to warn you about the whole gun thing. You better make DAMNed sure that man is illegally INSIDE your home before you shoot him (accidentally or purposely), if it comes to that. Otherwise, what might have been considered self defense? Will be considered premeditated homicide.

Having dealt with the mentally impaired (I'm not talking about your patients, I'm talking about the co-worker) you did the right thing in telling your boss about his behaviors.

You need to call the police and file an incident report. your witnesses need to also be present for the police statement.

DO NOT mention the exchange of a firearm to anyone else. Laws get tricky.

Using a firearm for self defense is tricky - depending on the laws of your state.

You also need to talk to your boss and tell him/her how this played out. This harrasing thing changes the situation in many subtle ways and presents a potential larger problem for more than just you and your family.

You did the right thing, you put the patient's welfare at the front and did what you should do, and report the person who was disrespecting the patients. I fear that too often if they are willing to disrespect the patients in front of other co-workers that the things they are willing and able to do to patients when no one else is watching is abuse.

You are not at fault here, you did the right thing - its this individuals with a serious problem who is at fault and you need to notify the proper authorities (police, your boss, etc) and get them in on this now before this escalates and further.

Thank you all for replying. I called my supervisor and he is gone until further notice. He knows where I live because I live close to the office and everyone knows what car I drive. My supervisor wants to talk to me on Monday, so I hope everything goes good